Where can I buy grommet for my Ale Pail?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmckee56

Reaction score
I have acquired several pails over the last two years making wine from juice and the pails are great primaries for beer. I have a problem though and need to install some rubber grommets on the lides so my Airlocks seal properly.

Can these be purchased at a Lowes or HD or hardware? Any idea what size the grommet is?

Oh.... the lids of these pails seal quite well, better than the original Ale Pail lids I received when I purchased my new buckets.

Thanks for any assistance.

Salute! :mug:

Are the holes in the lids already drilled? I converted some 6 gallon pails w/lids that were made available to me....just drilled the holes and voila.....fermenting bucket.
If the holes are drilled, take the lid to the hardware store. You should probably take the airlock with you too to ensure a good fit on both openings.

Drill a 1'' hole and put a drilled rubber stopper in there. The stopper is like a #7 or something like that.

Drill a 1'' hole and put a drilled rubber stopper in there. The stopper is like a #7 or something like that.

Brew,
You use a 1 inch stopper in the lid instead of a regular grommet like this one?
rubber_grommet.jpg

Yeah, when I was still using buckets. My LHBS had all the lids already pre drilled with a 1'' hole in the top. Same size as the hole drilled for the spigot. Drilled rubber fits the airlock just fine.

Back