Durham, NC Brewfest '07

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Argh.....I'll be in Vermont....

I have 2 more weddings to go to this year and both are back to back weekends in Vermont and Buffalo. The 1st wedding is the 5th in VT.

I'm in but to my tragic dismay I waited too long to buy tix online and on 15 Aug, they were all sold out - And I have friends flying in from Miami to go to this thing! I'm out of town right now, but SWMBO has made some crack deal to get tix from American Brewmaster. I'd feel better if we had some other backup.

Did anyone order extra tickets expressly for the purpose of selling them to an idiot like me?

{insert laughter here}

Focus

Focus said:
I'm in but to my tragic dismay I waited too long to buy tix online and on 15 Aug, they were all sold out - And I have friends flying in from Miami to go to this thing! I'm out of town right now, but SWMBO has made some crack deal to get tix from American Brewmaster. I'd feel better if we had some other backup.

Did anyone order extra tickets expressly for the purpose of selling them to an idiot like me?

{insert laughter here}

Focus

We'll probably have an extra set. We bought tickets for both sessions but I'm not sure we're going to both. I'll keep you in mind when we figure it out.

Edit: PM me if you want the later session tiks...

I just went to the site to order tix and online sales are sold out? WTF?

It says local retailers will be selling tix starting September 1st, can one of you Raleigh guys hook me up?

Let me know who the good samaritan is and I'll make sure you have paypal funds before the 1st.

How can online tix be sold out? That makes no sense....

Dude said:
Cool...what is your paypal? And don't ignore me..I want to pay you before you get the tickets. :p

I made hotel reservations already....free shuttle from the fest.

Kettle welcome to the darkside. And I know you know what I'm talking about.

Boston said:
Dude, I'll hook you up. Focus, are you all set for tickets?

SWMBO called American Brewmaster in Raleigh and they said they'd take credit card orders over the phone on 1 Sep. She or I will call them first thing after they open and will order them then. As a backup, Boston, IM me your cell in case something goes wrong and they don't want to take our order over the phone - I can paypal you or send a check or something if I need someone to be there in person. Both SWMBO and I will be out of town that day which is why we're relying on the phone-in method.

Nate: Thanks for the offer. Can you hold your extras until I get some locked up for sure. I'd rather be at the session with you and all the rest from Raleigh last time - which I assume is the afternoon session, correct? If you need to get rid of them before the 1st, I understand.

Dude, yeah, can you believe they sold out so early? We tried on the 15th and they were already gone!

Desperatly,
Focus

Focus said:
SWMBO called American Brewmaster in Raleigh and they said they'd take credit card orders over the phone on 1 Sep. She or I will call them first thing after they open and will order them then. As a backup, Boston, IM me your cell in case something goes wrong and they don't want to take our order over the phone - I can paypal you or send a check or something if I need someone to be there in person. Both SWMBO and I will be out of town that day which is why we're relying on the phone-in method.

Nate: Thanks for the offer. Can you hold your extras until I get some locked up for sure. I'd rather be at the session with you and all the rest from Raleigh last time - which I assume is the afternoon session, correct? If you need to get rid of them before the 1st, I understand.

Dude, yeah, can you believe they sold out so early? We tried on the 15th and they were already gone!

Desperatly,
Focus

No problem... we'll hold them for a little while. Worst case, we drink both sessions. :D

Nate said:
No problem... we'll hold them for a little while. Worst case, we drink both sessions. :D

The things we will do for our passions... It brings a tear to this bleary, bloodshot eye.

PS. SWMBO is particularly excited about seeing you and your Frau again. You are going to the afternoon session, correct?

Focus

Dude said:
Cool...what is your paypal? And don't ignore me..I want to pay you before you get the tickets. :p

I made hotel reservations already....free shuttle from the fest.

Free shuttle? I'm suddenly interested. Which hotel is this?

Right now, we're looking into a private car / limo to get us from Goldsbubba to Durham to dinner / afterparty and back home. The rugrat makes decisions more complicated - babysitter, bring along, hotel room? - but we're exploring all options.

focus

Focus said:
The things we will do for our passions... It brings a tear to this bleary, bloodshot eye.

PS. SWMBO is particularly excited about seeing you and your Frau again. You are going to the afternoon session, correct?

Focus

Yeah, the Frau and I are looking forward to it also and it would great to see you guys again. We're hitting the afternoon session for sure and I think most of the others are too... haven't heard much though. You may want to take advantage of Boston's offer and have him get some afternoon tickets for you. I'll hold these until you get something decided.

Focus said:
Free shuttle? I'm suddenly interested. Which hotel is this?

Right now, we're looking into a private car / limo to get us from Goldsbubba to Durham to dinner / afterparty and back home. The rugrat makes decisions more complicated - babysitter, bring along, hotel room? - but we're exploring all options.

focus

Looks like the official host hotel (Millenium) is still charging for their shuttle. Last year they also ran some irritating shuttle hours.

You guys (or anyone) interested in hitting the Flying Saucer that night?

Is everyone staying in Durham or Cary? Beth and I volunteered to host an afterparty at our house, but if you guys would rather hang out at the Flying Saucer all night that's fine, too.
I just joined Weight Watchers on Saturday, so I'm not sure how much fun I'm going to be.
J

I haven't been to the Flying Saucer, but I've heard how great it is. That's definitely an option. They have food, right? We will have some friends Miami visiting that weekend specifically for this event, so we definitely want to do something Triangle-local to show them around. I think we're going to hire a driver - possibly a limo - so there may be some additional room for others in the way of getting around town.

Focus

Boston said:
Is everyone staying in Durham or Cary? Beth and I volunteered to host an afterparty at our house, but if you guys would rather hang out at the Flying Saucer all night that's fine, too.
I just joined Weight Watchers on Saturday, so I'm not sure how much fun I'm going to be.
J

Most generous offer and I wasn't trying to steer people in a different direction... just had those 100 taps on the brain at that moment. :eek:

Focus said:
So is everyone accounted for??? SWMBO picked up ours yesterday!

Glad you got tiks. If anyone needs tickets to the evening session, let me know... will sell at cost.

Still have a pair of tiks for the evening session if anyone needs them.

I don't know where BeeGee has been. Walker's been busy at work and his wife is due within the next couple of weeks IIRC.

I won't be attending the festival. Wife is due to pop out our new son any time now.

But, I do plan to come by the after party, and maybe the pre-party gathering if there is one.

-walker

Latest posts

Back