TV Shows (inspired by movies thread)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ó Flannagáin

Reaction score
In Order, favorite first:

The Office BBC
Trailer Park Boys (Canadian Mockumentary, f-ing hilarious)
The Office NBC
MacGuyver
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Everwood
Scrubs
Seinfeld
Jeopardy

...and no, I didn't forget Southpark, I don't really like that show too much.

Mine would have to be...

Arrested Developement
The Office (both)
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Law and Order SVU
Scrubs
Texas Rangers Baseball (not a TV show, but one of my favorite things to watch)
The Colbert Report
The Daily Show
West Wing
The Simpsons

I'm not a fan of southpark either, I don't think it's that funny.

There are SO many shows that we used to watch on BBC America that belong on this list... I haven't had any coffee yet, so I can't think of them all, but League of Gentlemen is absolutely on there. The British version of Coupling is insanely hilarious, it makes me cackle. And I'll give some love to South Park.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force is one of those shows that I've burned out on. I got hooked on the very first episode ("Take the meat bridge! Fine, don't take the meat bridge!"), but I couldn't imagine sitting in a movie theatre and watching it for ninety minutes. It works best when viewed at 1:30 in the morning, dead tired (or drunk, or I imagine stoned), and in very short doses.

Land of the Giants (Favorite show as a kid)
24 (NBC)
Fawlty Towers (BBC)
Curb our Enthusiasm (HBO)
The Office (BBC)
Extras (HBO)

Does this surprise anyone?

Monstar Garage (canceled)
American Chopper (dislike some of the family drama, love the technical aspects)
American Hot Rod (not a big fan of Mr. Coddington, but I do like what his shop manages despite him)

Also,

South Park
Penn & Teller's Bullsh!t (Showtime)
Good Eats

SWMBO watches Crossing Jordan, Medium, and the Ghost Whispereer...I find myself getting caught up in those as well.

SWMBO also has a habit of turning "The View" on in the morning. I HATE THAT SHOW! I don't even understand how she can listen to it, much less watch it. Rachael Ray falls into that category as well.

South Park
The Office NBC
How I Met your Mother
Curb our Enthusiasm
The Shield
Two and a Half Men

You know what I used to LOVE?

Junkyard Wars. I think there was an American version, but the British version that I remember was awesome. Some spiky-haired blond chick hosted it, cute as hell. That and Battlebots; SWMBO and I used to LOVE watching Battlebots on Comedy Central. We both get giddy when Grant from Mythbusters gets out his his 'bot. Pretty sure Adam and Jamie had a 'bot, too.

lately my favorite sitcom has been Scrubs

Followed closely by How its Made and Flip that House.

Oh, one I forgot - and I believe it starts TONIGHT!

Ultimate Fighter. If you like UFC at all, the show is basically a competition to see which guys win a contract with UFC. They used to do the lame reality show challenges, but now - it's all fighting and training.

Really cool show

Simpsons
Family Guy
Office
My Name is Earl
Scrubs
House
Heroes
Bttlestar Galactica (new version)
Little People Big World (I don't know why we like this one. But we do.)

Ones we like, and have seen a couple of episode, but don't watch because we missed som much in the beginning so if we jumped in now we are lost (might do the DVD).

Shield
Black Donnelys

Proofman said:
Simpsons
Family Guy

You know, I used to be a BIG fan of both of those shows, but the Simpsons are pretty much in mail-it-in form. Family Guy hit the wall after their first season back. I was pretty bummed at how quickly it degraded into what it has.

- Curb Your Enthusiasm ("Mommy, mommy. The old man's in the bathroom, and he's got something hard in his pants.")
- ALF esp. Jerry Stahl episodes
- MASH
- 3rd Rock from The Sun
- Newsradio
- Dog Bites Man

the_bird said:
You know what I used to LOVE?

Junkyard Wars. I think there was an American version, but the British version that I remember was awesome. Some spiky-haired blond chick hosted it, cute as hell. That and Battlebots; SWMBO and I used to LOVE watching Battlebots on Comedy Central. We both get giddy when Grant from Mythbusters gets out his his 'bot. Pretty sure Adam and Jamie had a 'bot, too.
I dug Junkyward Wars, too! Agreed, the American version got stupid pretty quickly.

I completely forgot to add Mythbusters to my list - another great show!

Nip Tuck- Best show ever
Scrubs
House M.D.
Family guy
simpsons
Cops
Anything on the History channel or the military channel.

rdwj said:
You know, I used to be a BIG fan of both of those shows, but the Simpsons are pretty much in mail-it-in form. Family Guy hit the wall after their first season back. I was pretty bummed at how quickly it degraded into what it has.

First season was the best. Butit is the only show that can still make me laugh so hard I cry and almost pee my pants. For example, "Role Playing Sex Nite" when Lois came into the room dressed as Grimace (who doesn't steal hamburgers, but is Ronald McDonald's mentally retarded friend).

Also, I have to add 30 Rock. I watched it last night and the ending had me howling!

Twin Peaks = Best. TV. Show. Ever.

This thread is indicative of how much TV's role in culture has changed. I have never seen probably 75% of the shows listed in this thread. I know it's partly becuase a lot of the people who posted are probably from a younger generation than me, but it's mostly becuase there's just such a huge array of choices available on TV.

When I was a kid, everyone watched the same TV shows.

Back