choices in ATL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aekdbbop

Reaction score
Ok, we are going this Monday to ATL, any one have any good places for us to go?

We are looking at either 5 seasons (pardo local) or brick store.. which would you suggest?

any help would be great!

Thanks

Either is good, but the 5 seasons is better. WHile you are there, I would hop to Taco Mac for a few. They usually carry around 300 beers with about 30+ on tap.

Either is good, but the 5 seasons is better. WHile you are there, I would hop to Taco Mac for a few. They usually carry around 300 beers with about 30+ on tap.

I think we are doing 5 seasons for sure. So if it were between taco mac and brick store?

Both are good. I like Taco Mac a lot. If you do go the the Mac, get either a burger or wings nothing else is worth the trip (assuming you might eat AND drink).

Depends on what you are looking for... I think the two are apples and oranges.

Brick Store Pub has a belgian bar where you will find things that are just not as availableat other bars. If their website makes you salivate, head there. There are no TV's at the brick store. It is intended to be a more... personal? organic? old school? experience.

Taco Mac is a local sports bar chain that has a good beer list, some locations better than others. The food is fairly typical pub grub, but is often done correctly. I enjoy several selections on their menu. The place is loud, filled with TVs. Wait staff is often unfamiliar with the specifics of any given beer. I visit the one in Canton fairly often. Except for the 70s ski lodge thing... though the lighted wall of beer mugs is pretty cool...

I think either would a good, yet different, experience.

5 seasons is a great choice. Solid beers, and the food at Prado and West Side is consistently good in my experience. I had a bad experience at the one off 400, and I also think it looks like a 70's ski lodge, but I am sure it was a quirk (it was late on a BUSY night).

Chefmike,

You should let me in on that nanobrewery. I love DIY projects. Also it is time to trade some beers. I got dunkelweizen and german alt bottled, APA in the keg, and a scotch 80 in the fermenter and a blood orange hefe on the next brewday.( next week or the week after)

If I had to choose only one place to go in Atlanta, I would choose the Brick Store.

+1 to Brick Store. I'm sure every city has a Taco Mac kind of place but the Brick is rated the #2 bar in the world by Beer Advocate and several magazines have done write ups on it. Really cool place.

Another vote for Brick Store. Love that place and its pretty unique. Taco Mac is also a great choice (a ridiculous amount of beer options). Porter in little 5 points is great too.

Not a big fan of 5 seasons but thats just me (too expensive for what you get in the food category)

5 Seasons North is my favorite -- spent grain bread and the best beer in Georgia. The one at the Prado is good, but not nearly as good. I believe 5 Seasons West is equal to or better than North, but haven't been yet. I'd say:

Beer & Food-wise:
5 Seasons North/West > Brick Store > Taco Mac > 5 Seasons Prado

However, price-wise I'd say:
Taco Mac > Brick Store > 5 Seasons.

And service wise:
5 Seasons >> Brick Store > Taco Mac.

Brick Store, however, is more impressive and 'important' than the others.

went to 5 seasons, food was way over priced, but beer was pretty good..

unfortunently it turned out that is all we had time for.

went to 5 seasons, food was way over priced, but beer was pretty good..

unfortunently it turned out that is all we had time for.

That is my problem with 5 Seasons too. I think their beer is over priced as well. I can get a pint of commercially brewed beer from The Porter or The Brick Store for less than at 5 Seasons. I know that you are paying for the fresh element, blah, blah. But, really, I just don't understand charging $7 for a pint of 3.8% beer.

That is my problem with 5 Seasons too. I think their beer is over priced as well. I can get a pint of commercially brewed beer from The Porter or The Brick Store for less than at 5 Seasons. I know that you are paying for the fresh element, blah, blah. But, really, I just don't understand charging $7 for a pint of 3.8% beer.

Then you should try their $25 beers!

They had 50% off all beers for their anniversary a few weeks ago, so we finally tried some of those bottles. Definitely worth $12.50 to me. The Barleywine is great, and the Reserve 500 is some sort of magic beer elixer.

Then you should try their $25 beers!

They had 50% off all beers for their anniversary a few weeks ago, so we finally tried some of those bottles. Definitely worth $12.50 to me. The Barleywine is great, and the Reserve 500 is some sort of magic beer elixer.

Is that for 750mL? I would try one for $12.50. It would have to beer one of the best beers in the world for me to spend $25 (Cantillon Grand Cru, RR Consecration).

I think I have had some of their BW, it was very good. All their beer is good, that is prat of the problem for me. If their beer sucked, I would never go back.

Their beer is pretty good but really only the expensive bottles and the food is far too expensive. I guess I just prefer the seemingly limitless selection offered by the other places. Plus that Belgian bar at brick store is tough to beat.

Is that for 750mL? I would try one for $12.50. It would have to beer one of the best beers in the world for me to spend $25 (Cantillon Grand Cru, RR Consecration).

I think I have had some of their BW, it was very good. All their beer is good, that is prat of the problem for me. If their beer sucked, I would never go back.

Yep, I believe they are 750ml. At $12.50 they're comparable price to bottles from the liquor store, and definitely hold their own in quality.

Edit: Actually, I'll bet they're only 22oz. I just remembered seeing them on the shelf and there was a slightly larger bottle next to it, which I believe was a 750.

I'm also somewhat of a 'foodie', so the prices keep me from being a regular but I still love everything they have to offer. I think that their special events are the way to go to get a big sampling of food and beer for an expensive-but-not-unreasonable price.

Been to them a few times. I'd recommend them in this order:
1. Brick Store
2. 5 Seasons
3. Taco Mac

If you want to watcha a game, got to got to #3, but Brick Store is unlike anything else I have ever been to. Great food and amazing beer menu.

Back