Going to be in Texas for a week any brewpub recommendations?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shonuff

Reaction score
I'm going to be in Houston until Wednesday and the Dallas/Fort Worth area until Friday.

What are some good brewpubs to hit up while I'm hear?

Well no brewpubs tonight but I did get to have Shiner Bock and Shiner Light tonight. That's was my only goal for the Texas trip.

I think all of the Texas fans might be glued to the T.V. tonight.

GO BUCKEYES!

BTW - Congrats on the Ducks victory

Two Rows isn't bad, but it's been years since i've been there. When they opened their first place in Tulsa (a long, long time ago) my parents loved it.

There's BJ's Brewhouse up 249 on the NW side of Houston.

Check out the Flying Saucer in Addison near Dallas.

There is St. Arnolds Brewery near the Galleria area. I know at one point they were talking about opening a brewpub.

The only other one I'm aware of in the Houston area is Two Rows (in Rice Villiage), although I've never been there, so I can't give you much in the way of reviews, etc...

You're pretty much in BMC land, so brewpubs/micros/craft beers are difficult to come by. There are some good pubs, but not much for brewpubs or the like.

The Flying Saucer has many great beers. Some really weird ones too. Milk beer. :confused:

There's Rahr and Sons brewery in Fort Worth. You'll have to stay till Saturday afternoon to get in, though.

Shiner is in Shiner, Texas. They sell variety packs at grocery stores and beer stores across Texas. If you liked Bock, try Black Bohemian.

Latest posts

Back