What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been working on my Bavarian Hefeweizen. Hmm Good.

Tomorrow is my old neighborhood's annual Homebrew Fest. We have 6 kegs of Homebrew and 1 corny of Uncle Billy's American Pale Ale. Sweet! I'll take pics. I have my 3 faucet outdoor party setup put together and will break it in tomorrow.

Storm seems to have disable my stove and I don't feel like cooking on my lab hotplate so..... I'm drinking Hefeweizen for dinner.... again. The most efficient way to store grain

Tonite is brew night after little man goes to bed. I will probably finish off the "Dead Guy Clone" recipe that I got from Yooper Chicks recipes.:rockin: Just started drinking this one last night.http://hbd.org/cgi-bin/recipator/recipator?group=18&item=4578 90 Shillings Clone. Real good now that it has been properly aged and bottle conditioned for two weeks. ;) Going to have a couple of those tonight. Bottling an IPA recipe that I got from Roger at the LHBS, putting Arrogant Bastard in seconday and brewing a Fat Tire Clone. Edworts Apple has a week to go before bottling and Molson XXX clone will be ready to drink next week. I will probably try a 12oz. Molson tonight also but it has only been in bottles for a week.

It's really, really freakin' hot and I'm halfway through staining my deck. Pretty much all the homebrew and commercial stuff I have around is pretty big and heavy; I think I'll be stopping at the packie and picking up some hefeweizen or something like that for later. DAMN, it's hot...

Local bar is opening a cask of Jolly Pumpkin's "The Firefly" tonight so that is what I will be ingesting...after football

BierMuncher said:
Not sure what I was in the mood for so...it's six ounces (each) of everything I have on tap....:tank:

Sounds like a nice sampler. Be sure to go from light to strong. :mug:

Apfelwein keg blew, so it's time for some Bavarian Hefe!

Damn you people make me thirsty. I had to be at work last night and did not get home until 11pm. It is now Monday morning (well noon now) and I am really starting to look forward to getting into me cellar and opening my fridge. My parents are coming across soon and I have been collecting different beers for my dad to try. Each time I buy a sixer I keep two bottles. Now have about 20 different types of beers, not including my homebrews! NOW I AM THIRSTY!!!! Afternoon off???? tempting....

Tried Rogue's Shakespeare Stout for the first time tonight--not bad at all, not bad at all.

This thread has been dead for too long....

Finished up a Breckenridge Vanilla Porter, I am using it for some cooking tomorrow so I needed to give it a taste test.:p

SWMBO and I am splitting a bottle of Russian River Damnation that I picked up in July on my trip to the west coast.

I had a 22oz Rouge Monk Madness Ale. I also recently picked up brooklyn brewery's EIPA.

Have some more beer... Its good for you.

Some brown ale I just pulled out of the basement. It was really not very complex and a bit thin when I stuck it down there in May, so we'll wait and see. I also picked up a sixer of SN Anniversary Brew, which isn't to bad at all. Somewhere between their IPA and PA.

I think tonight I might have either a La Fin Du Monde (spell it right???), or a Stone XI anniversary.

all i have here is some racer 5 my friend left over here. yuck.

maybe i'll make some white russians...i just ran outta milk but the corner store is nice and close :)

90 degrees in October in Central Il. Today...

So I polished off a sixer of Leinie's Summer Shandy and now I'm into Buffalo Bill's Pumpkin Ale...

Trying to go from summer to fall as painlessly as possible you see... :drunk:

Ize

I'm switch hittin'

Now I've got a McMenamins Sunflower IPA.

The cascade flavor and bitterness is just awesome. Its too bad I only have one 22oz'r

I can follow up with NB Mothership Wit or a 1554 Black Ale!!

Last night:

Mojo IPA - pretty enjoyable and smooth
St. Peter's Cream Stout - not really creamy, a little bitter and thin.
Kapittel Pater - Great plum flavour and aroma, but again, a little thin in the mouthfeel.

I just racked my holiday ale over to secondary and am drinking a glass of green beer that wouldn't fit into the carboy. It 's gonna taste awesome in 4-5 weeks when mature and carbonated.

I know its not night time yet, but I'm having Ayinger's Oktober Fest-Marzen. Its very worthy of a try. I'd say its the best oct-fest that I've had. I had some baked beans and chick nuggets w/ barbeque sauce also. My taste buds are thanking me.

Barley Island Oatmeal Cream Stout. Great stuff, Barely Wine is a local Micro Brewery in Noblesville. Nice place, great beer.

The German Chocolate Cake Stout and Himbeereweisenbier. These two are just coming into their own and getting better every day.

Stone IPA and Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale. I'm feeling hoppy tonight.

Cheesefood, I have a few of those Raison D'Etres in the fridge. I didn't really care for them that much. Do you like them?

BNVince said:
Cheesefood, I have a few of those Raison D'Etres in the fridge. I didn't really care for them that much. Do you like them?

Too sweet. I feel like throwing a cascade cone in the glass.

Back