Help in setting up my wort cooler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mongzilla

Reaction score
I have just got myself a new wort cooler, and I am having trouble connecting it to my water supply.

The problem is that the plastic watercooler pipes are too small for my hosepipe joiner unit. My idea was to connect my outside hosepipe to provide water to the cooler, and connect another length to the outflow pipe and leave in the garden to water the plants.

Has anybody got any cheap ideas? I was thinking of using a knife to whittle down the inside of the watercooler plastic pipe till it will fit the hosepipe joiners. Would this be a good idea?

Does anybody have any better ideas, the cheaper the solution the better.

Thanks for your help.

Lowe's/Home Depot has pretty much every conection joint in their plumbing department that you could think of. I've got a garden hose attachment, kitchen sink attachment and a quick connect coupling attachment. Head there and you should be all set.

Lowe's/Home Depot has pretty much every conection joint in their plumbing department that you could think of. I've got a garden hose attachment, kitchen sink attachment and a quick connect coupling attachment. Head there and you should be all set.

Would love to, my parents just came back from the US my dad said home depo was absolutely amazing.

Unfortunately we only have B&Q in England and their range is pretty poor and expensive.

But thanks for the help.

Back