What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drifter

image-1974730902.jpg

And brewing a mirror pond clone!

Steelie211,
That's a sweet glass! Drove through Michigan last weekend... Stopped at New Holland (the day before their 15th anniv party, unfortunately), at at a place called the Blue Frog Cafe in Big Rapids for some of their brew, and dropped by Founders on the way back... Looks like a fair amount of breweries in Grand Rapids to visit someday when I have more time... and Founders was pretty impressive, as well...

As for what I'm drinking - I'm having some homebrew... my Done and Dunkel as I fix up a starter...

Thanks Artimus. Got the glass for free from the guy that runs the liquor department where I buy my beer. There are tons of brewerys all around the Grand Rapids area. Seems like a new one opens every day:mug:

New stuff for me
Started with a Alaskan Summer Kolsch. Not bad but very light. Then Estrella Damm, a really tasty light beer I could drink tons of. But my favorite of the evening, and one I need to stock regularly is Anderson Valley Boont Amber. Oh boy, this is delicious. I hope the beer store is open tomorrow so I can buy more before I head home.

Oh ye, bringer of the beer, we thank thee for this gift of Firestone Walker's Double Jack.

In your name we say, Boom-Shaka-Laka!!!

Homebrewed IPA! And it's amazing.

This recipe:

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Boil Size: 13.69 gal
Post Boil Volume: 11.44 gal
Batch Size (fermenter): 11.00 gal
Bottling Volume: 11.00 gal
Estimated OG: 1.062 SG
Estimated Color: 7.0 SRM
Estimated IBU: 86.0 IBUs
Brewhouse Efficiency: 75.00 %
Est Mash Efficiency: 75.0 %
Boil Time: 90 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amt Name Type # %/IBU
11.63 lb Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 1 48.7 %
4.25 lb Pilsner (2 Row) Bel (2.0 SRM) Grain 2 17.8 %
2.00 lb Munich Malt - 10L (10.0 SRM) Grain 3 8.4 %
2.00 lb Pilsner (2 Row) Bel (2.0 SRM) Grain 4 8.4 %
1.00 lb Caramel/Crystal Malt - 15L (15.0 SRM) Grain 5 4.2 %
1.00 lb Caramel/Crystal Malt - 35L (35.0 SRM) Grain 6 4.2 %
2.00 lb Cane (Beet) Sugar (0.0 SRM) Sugar 7 8.4 %
2.00 oz Citra [12.00 %] - Boil 60.0 min Hop 8 41.3 IBUs
1.00 oz Columbus (Tomahawk) [14.00 %] - Boil 30. Hop 9 18.5 IBUs
1.00 oz Columbus (Tomahawk) [14.00 %] - Boil 10. Hop 10 8.7 IBUs
1.00 oz Simcoe [13.00 %] - Boil 10.0 min Hop 11 8.1 IBUs
1.00 oz Columbus (Tomahawk) [14.00 %] - Boil 5.0 Hop 12 4.8 IBUs
1.00 oz Simcoe [13.00 %] - Boil 5.0 min Hop 13 4.5 IBUs
2.00 oz Columbus (Tomahawk) [14.00 %] - Aroma St Hop 14 0.0 IBUs
2.00 oz Simcoe [13.00 %] - Aroma Steep 0.0 min Hop 15 0.0 IBUs
1.0 pkg San Diego Super Yeast (White Labs #WLP090) [35. Yeast 16 -
3.00 oz Columbus (Tomahawk) [14.00 %] - Dry Hop Hop 17 0.0 IBUs
2.00 oz Simcoe [13.00 %] - Dry Hop 14.0 Days Hop 18 0.0 IBUs

Mash Schedule: Single Infusion, Light Body, No Mash Out
Total Grain Weight: 23.88 lb
----------------------------
Name Description Step Temperat Step Time
Mash In Add 36.00 qt of water at 161.0 F 152.0 F 60 min

Some homebrewed 8 month aged double chocolate imperial stout and looking forward to bottling my summer brews tomorrow a batch of hefeweizen and a belgian white :)

Drinking Brewers Best: Imperial IPA. A little bitter for my tastes but very good. Thought I had chill haze until i realized that since i was pouring out of the 12oz bottles i was kicking up the yeast sediment so it looked like haze. Pouring out of a growler and no haze is a beautiful thing.

Two brothers Dog Days Dortmunder Lager-not as sessionable as i was kinda wanting but it is what it is.Guess im not familiar with Dortmunder lagers.

Chocolate milk and Sangster's banana cream rum. Yum... not beer I know, but so good. Next up is probably a homebrew hefeweizen with supper.

The new belgium and lost abbey collaboration with 100% brett. Not bad. Glad i grabbed two and let one age

Well, I was going to drink a bomber of Old Ruffian, but I dropped the bottle taking it out of the fridge. I didn't want it spraying everywhere when I opened it, so I grabbed a can of Old Chub instead. Still satisfied :D

Now I'm drinking my New Place Pale Ale. So delicious.

The new belgium and lost abbey collaboration with 100% brett. Not bad. Glad i grabbed two and let one age

I picked up that one and the NB Tart Lychee. I think I will drink the Tart Lychee one right meow. :ban:

New-Belgium-Tart-Lychee-Bottels-570x762.jpg

This was interesting, but I didn't like it enough to buy it again. It tasted like a Berliner Weisse with a sweet floral note from the lychee. It was lacto sour and had a little barnyard funk. I smelt some wet dog in there too. Maybe it was my upper lip.

Back