St Arnold's Fancy Lawnmower

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djhead

Reaction score
Anybody had it? Its a Kolsch style ale from a Houston MB. Their Elissa IPA was pretty good, so I tried it. Gotta say, its very BMC, with a floral finish. I wouldnt buy it again.

I'll make up for it with an Arrogant Bastard.

On another note, the Army Class 6 will order cases of anything you ask for, i was thinking I would order some so that GI Joe could at least have the opportunity for something other than swill. Suggestions? They carry the standards: Pyramid, Red Hook, New Belgium, HM, and lots of imports

- Stone IPA
- Tommyknockers Maple Nut Brown Ale
- Old Rasputin
- Terrapin Pale Ale

LOVE SAFL!!!! Lived in Houston for about 25 years. Saint Arnolds is the ONLY good thing I can think of that came from living there! I have the recipe (from the brewmaster) somewhere. i will try to digg it up and post it in the recipes.

You didnt find it kind of Budweiser-y?
I'm still planning on sending in my containers for that pint glass though.
Its not bad. good clean finish. Ratebeer.com raped it. Maybe you could share you beer-ish critiques, so I could now what I am tasting?

I could care less about ratebeer.com... sorry IMHO they have made a LOT of calls that went against my pallet(doesn't mean they are wrong, just that my taste differs) To me SAFL is a very clean example of a good Kolsch. The Noble hops with the light maltiness work well together. Fairly low IBU lends an almost grassy (nobel hops) flavor to the beer. I never picked up the "citrus fruity" taste that they advertise, but that is just me.

Hmm.......I see your remarks. I too do not notice the citrus. In fact, after beer #3, it keeps getting better. I dont put stock in other folks opinions, but I like to know what others say about it. It did not get very good reviews on beeradvocate either

I've never had SAFL, but I've had other St. Arnold's offerings and just loved them. IMHO, they are one of the best breweries in the country. A 'lawnmower' beer should be light and very easy to drink. Most Kolsch beers fit that description, which is why you see so many of them released in the summer.

Check out their Elissa IPA or wait for their Oktoberfest to come out in a couple of weeks! Their Christmas Ale is one of my all-time favorites. I have a clone recipe of it that I plan to brew sometime soon.

would anyone happen to have a homebrew recipe for the lawnmower beer? living in alaska deprives me of this very tasty beer

Back