Warning signs of homebrew addiction

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you call your pet (who's name is Remi), Revvy
When you don't pay attention in class because you're just waiting to go to the LHBS

When you keep checking to see if this thread has hit #500 yet! and you're still shaking your head realizing how many of the latest ones apply to you as well.

"When you dream of getting a great deal on Cornies"-- I drove by a local bar that had cornies sitting "out back" forever. So I stopped in to check and got 10 for $10/each with good o-rings!

I live in an area where there are a lot of deer hunters, and the 7-11 always has corn and sugar beets in bag outside the store for baiting. I looked at it this morning and in my mind was thinking up what kind of beer I could make with those ingredients.

When you're about to pull the trigger on a scottish ale recipe and then see a Kolsch recipe. 3 days and I'm still fighting myself on what I want to do.

Reading all of the entries and sayin'..."yep....yep"
Also my LHBS proprietor knows my 2 year old daughter by name (true)

LVBen said:
If you were addicted then you would've brewed them both already.

Haha exactly! That kind of a dilemma usually ends with me buying a new bucket.

If you were addicted then you would've brewed them both already.

But the problem is I can't do both at the same time. I want to mess with the Wyeast Scottish ale to see how low I can get it to ferment but the Kolsch yeast I like does better at 60. I can't persuade the wife to let me get another fermentation freezer/fridge. Going to have to flip a coin tonight on it.

Well, I just went to the local Liquor Store and was browsing around for some new beer to try. Clerk asked if he could help me, and I said "no" (they never know anything about beer). Basically I'm just looking for anything I've never tried before in a reusable bottle.

Came home with these beauties:
v8hrgp.jpg

You have your next 46 batches planned out but are pissed off cuz youre too indecisive about which one is next

LVBen said:
46? You win!

Ive never won anything before so this is truly an honor and an absolute pleasure...i just wanna take this time to thank everyone who made this achievement possible!!

Just walked into the kitchen at work and saw a clear tub of granola on top of the fridge.... my first thought "I wonder if I could mash that?".... a year ago it would have been "mmmmm granolaaaaaaa aaaaggggggg....."

Just walked into the kitchen at work and saw a clear tub of granola on top of the fridge.... my first thought "I wonder if I could mash that?".... a year ago it would have been "mmmmm granolaaaaaaa aaaaggggggg....."

Whereas I walk into the kitchen, see the granola, and know that it's made of spent grains, that I'm running low, and that I need to brew again to replenish my granola stores.

YAY 500!!!!

Not only did you name your home brewery, but researched it so when you finally open your craft brewery, there are no copyright infringements to hassle with.

I make sweet tea so I can still drink something I brewed myself at those times when beer is "inappropriate."

Barnstormer said:
Not only did you name your home brewery, but researched it so when you finally open your craft brewery, there are no copyright infringements to hassle with.

I make sweet tea so I can still drink something I brewed myself at those times when beer is "inappropriate."

When is beer "inappropriate"?

My sentiments exactly. I guess your not supposed to have it at work or something. I don't really understand.

When after only 9-10 brews, you're a confirmed AG brewer, you've copied 100 recipes, linked to 3 dozen more, because, well, maybe you should try a few proven recipes before you create your own. And you still peruse original recipes, and clone recipes of beers you like, because well, what if you run out of good recipes?

When you're sitting at work and call home and ask the SWMBO to take a video with her cell phone of the airlock bubbling so that you can monitor your brew from a distance. Mine laughed at me but then about 20 min later sent me a short video of a nice bubbling airlock.....she's a keeper!

beerloaf

When you're sitting at work and call home and ask the SWMBO to take a video with her cell phone of the airlock bubbling so that you can monitor your brew from a distance. Mine laughed at me but then about 20 min later sent me a short video of a nice bubbling airlock.....she's a keeper!

beerloaf
Just wait 'til you train her to take a videoed hydrometer reading.

porterguy... How about you switched over to all grain at batch #5 (#4 was the only partial mash)? I've made only one clone, everything else since the second batch has been my own recipe.

Another sign:
You spend a solid hour discussing brewing to a stranger (with a few more during the time) at the grocery store when you're there to simply get some more unfiltered, apple juice to ferment. Proudly showing pictures of your brewing hardware, kegging setup, labels and some pints.

When you thought of a really good post for this thread ten minutes ago but youre too drunk off of home brew to remember.

When you get up in the morning,read the on line news,& come right to HBT. Then check the fermenter,& box up some recycled bottles,& wash the beer glasses.

paulster2626 said:
Well, I just went to the local Liquor Store and was browsing around for some new beer to try. Clerk asked if he could help me, and I said "no" (they never know anything about beer). Basically I'm just looking for anything I've never tried before in a reusable bottle.

Came home with these beauties:

Pumking is delicious. My favorite pumpkin beer ever. Never had or seen the Imperial Pumking. I bet its delicious though!

Reaver said:
When you keep checking to see if this thread has hit #500 yet! and you're still shaking your head realizing how many of the latest ones apply to you as well.

"When you dream of getting a great deal on Cornies"-- I drove by a local bar that had cornies sitting "out back" forever. So I stopped in to check and got 10 for $10/each with good o-rings!

Damn I'm jealous as hell. 10 bucks each you just saved like $400!!

Can't say I've ever dreamed of kegs, then again I got a dozen 'race track' cornies for free. I had to drive two hours each way to get them though!
Patrick from ontariobeerkegs.com wanted them gone...so I helped him out.

I do, however, have an obsessive-compulsive habit to lift kegs in my fridge to 'guesstimate' how much is left in each. If I can lift it with one finger I'm running low.

When you look at industrial equipment and wounder how if you could ferment in it and only be concerned about how you will git it home, not in if you need it.

When you look at industrial equipment and wounder how if you could ferment in it and only be concerned about how you will git it home, not in if you need it.

I work right next to a metal recycler. I take extra smoke breaks just to walk around there... "that would work as a heat shield for my burner, I could ferment so much beer in those, take a couple of these water heaters and get a massive several bbl electric setup going..."

SwampassJ said:
When you're about to pull the trigger on a scottish ale recipe and then see a Kolsch recipe. 3 days and I'm still fighting myself on what I want to do.

Um... Both?

Back