Saw this....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer Snob

Reaction score
Whats up with this.... grrrrrr.....
somethingtodo1.gif

It depends on which end of the six you start drawing in the air with.

Start at the end of the line that makes the six where it meets the vertical. Move your finger clockwise to make the six ending up at the top. That way, your finger is moving clockwise like your foot. You won't have a problem. But if you draw the six the normal way starting at the top, your finger is moving anti-clockwise, opposite the direction of your foot, and your foot will change direction to match.

I have no idea why our brains won't let us move our foot one way and our finger another.

Incidentally, if you move your foot anti-clockwise, it works just the opposite. You can draw a six in the air starting at the top, but not at the middle.

Mine stopped and changed directions! I didn't read the entire note first and it did exactly what he said but I think you're right, it depends on how you write your 6's.

Actually, this is wrong. I saw this many years ago and still don't have a problem doing it. It just requires being able to focus on two things at once. Anyone who has taken some form of self-defense should be able to do this without their foot changing direction.

Driving safely & talking on a cellphone, now that's something very few people can do.

I was able to do that without too much trouble when my wife showed it to me. I wasn't able to keep my foot moving smoothly, but it didn't change direction.

david_42 said:
Actually, this is wrong. I saw this many years ago and still don't have a problem doing it. It just requires being able to focus on two things at once. Anyone who has taken some form of self-defense should be able to do this without their foot changing direction.

Driving safely & talking on a cellphone, now that's something very few people can do.

Well for those of us (me) who can't walk and chew gum at the same time, it is pretty much over. I can, howver, pat my head and rub my (rather sizeable) belly.:)

Back