WTF is the World Beer Cup and.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EllisTX

Reaction score
How the hell has miller lite won medals almost every year at it? The f'ing commercial that states that makes me want to smash my tv. "Hopped 3 times and never watered down".

I dare ya to brew a beer that even places in the "American Light Lager" category of any recognized competition...

While you may not like it, it is exactly what it's supposed to be.

I suppose you've got a point. I just glanced at the bjcp guidelines and it basically boils down to yellow fizzy beer low on flavor. Spot on

Oh geez, great just another "Bash BMC" Thread. :rolleyes:

I admit that I used to be a Beersnob BMC Basher, but then I grew hair on my balls and started to get laid regularly, and realized that it really doesn't matter what other folks like or don't like....

I admit that I used to be a Beersnob BMC Basher, but then I grew hair on my balls and started to get laid regularly, and realized that it really doesn't matter what other folks like or don't like....

Hilarious.

Not bashing BMC in anyway, but find it hard to believe that any beer from the American Light Lager group could be the best beer in the world.

The 2011 results aren't even on the website. I wonder how Miller knew they were the winner.

http://www.worldbeercup.org/winners.html

Hilarious.

Not bashing BMC in anyway, but find it hard to believe that any beer from the American Light Lager group could be the best beer in the world.

The 2011 results aren't even on the website. I wonder how Miller knew they were the winner.

Winners

Looks like it's conducted every two years so there are no 2011 winners ...

From the site:
This global competition ultimately creates greater consumer awareness about different beer styles and flavor profiles while promoting international brewing excellence. Every two years, a highly qualified professional panel of beer judges honors the top three beers in 91 categories with gold, silver, and bronze awards. The World Beer Cup, often referred to as "The Olympics of Beer Competition," is the most prestigious beer competition in the world.

History of the World Beer Cup

My deepest apologies Revvy. I'll add speaking negatively about bmc right below "why isn't my beer carbonated" and "is my yeast dead" on my list of things Revvy doesn't appreciate me talking about. For the record I haven't manscaped in a while so I do actually have hair on my balls at the moment. You may have me with the getting laid regularly though. With a stressful teaching job and two kids, my wife doesn't put out like she used to.

So Miller won for:
Category 1: American-Style Cream Ale or Lager (17 Entries)
Gold Red Dog
Miller Brewing Co.
Milwaukee, WI

Category 35: American-Style Specialty Lager (19 Entries)
Silver Mickey's Malt Liquor
Miller Brewing Co.
Milwaukee, WI

Neither one of those is Miller Lite. The last time Miller Lite won was 2006.

The fact that Red Dog won blows my mind. I didn't know you could still buy it. I remember drinking that at the bus stop before and after school.

Unless they don't agree that you need a 1 month primary to make good beer, in which case you'll quickly copy and paste your heart away. LOL :mug:

Latest posts

Back