electric hobs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XELA

Reaction score
moved into my dads house t'other day, wondering how using electric hobs will differ to gas..

they dnt heat up as quick, but i think they get alot hotter when left for half hour
(we use them to heat the house as the heating is broke)

so i cant turn the heat down quickly, and cant put the heat on quickly, will this be a problem??

steeping grains an makin a hobgoblin clone extract soon..

cheers

Im thinking a stove? I use an electric right now, when i steep i just remove it from the stove, the pot hold the temp pretty well, if it starts cooling off i put it back on.

woops sorry, umm.. whats the word? lol
top of the cooker?
where we all make soup?
haha..

yea thats it! stove.. altho i thought that was an english word too?

Ryanh1801 said:
Im thinking a stove? I use an electric right now, when i steep i just remove it from the stove, the pot hold the temp pretty well, if it starts cooling off i put it back on.

so jus logical really.. put it on and off as i need heat ?
or maybe have one on low and one on full heat? so as to steep and have a boil

XELA said:
where we all make soup?

I don't think you can make beer in the microwave. . .

Anyway, I have made beer on electric, worked fine. Just remember if you suspect boil over, lift the pot up don't just turn it off.

XELA said:
so jus logical really.. put it on and off as i need heat ?
or maybe have one on low and one on full heat? so as to steep and have a boil

Thats basically what i have done. The one you are cooking on seems to get super heated after being on for a while. English words(From England) are soo cool. We have a guy on our Rugby team from England, he can say some stuff and im like WTF did you just say.

"Americans call the round things on top that heat up water 'burners'." ahh, ill remember that, cheers!

"the one you are cooking on seems to get super heated after being on for a while."

yea i know, got my hand burned by it once.. stuck to it for a seccond! was
horrible..

ill just be logical then.. lifting it off when it needs to be off the heat

cheers

Back