I'm looking for the perfect summer recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boldness

Reaction score
Greetings all!

I have two 6.5g carboys open and a few brew days available. I'd like to get my new burner roaring! I'm also very new to brewing and I'm not confident enough to make my own recipe yet.

Oh- I can only work with extract and specialty grains :l sorry

I'm from south florida and I want to make something to drink on a blistering-hot, humid day that brings you back to a fond memory of summer-romance.

Any suggestions?

You guys are always the best!
Thanks in advance!

Any ideas? I'm not familiar enough with brewing to make my own recipe let alone have it be palatable.

I don't have one in mind but it can be really simple as you want the yeast to shine through. I'm gong to do an all grain but I'm probably going to just use base malt with maybe a pinch of something else I have laying around.

Maybe just get some light liquid malt extract and saison yeast with a light addition of your favorite hop.

I'm also very new to brewing and I'm not confident enough to make my own recipe yet.

Oh- I can only work with extract and specialty grains :l sorry

I have done two batches of beer ever and both of those were from recipes.

I'm a little irked because to me your posts are like someone saying 'I want a good book!' and my reply being 'Go read something in the library of congress.'

Biermuncher's Centennial Blonde is a favorite (there's an entire thread devoted to how much of it has been brewed). He has an extract version of it a few posts into the thread. Biermuncher's SWMBO Slayer Belgian Blonde is also an easy brew and also a good warm weather beer. The extract version is on the second page of the thread. He also has an Orange Koelsch that gets good reviews.

There are other good extract warm weather beer recipes (check recipes by Biermuncher, Ed Wort, and Yooper, in particular) that are all pretty well vetted and liked.

boldness said:
I have done two batches of beer ever and both of those were from recipes.

I'm a little irked because to me your posts are like someone saying 'I want a good book!' and my reply being 'Go read something in the library of congress.'

Not really, I suggested fairly specific basic set ingredients while still giving you the ability to chose from them to create your own beer. There are only a few choices of light malt extract and a few choices of saison yeast. Read the descriptions of the hops to figure what you will like find a commercial brew that you like and use the hops they use if your not sure what hops you like.

Thanks sptaylor! I have biermuncher's Centennial Blonde in fermentation right now actually- I think I'm gonna do his SWMBO Slayer's Belgian blonde!

Again thanks so much for the help!

i love biermuncher's centennial blonde. it's the only batch of beer (out of 27 i think) that i had to make twice, back to back.

I can also say that I only used half a pack of nottingham because it was such low gravity. i've been harvesting and reusing that yeast over the course of the past few batches.

there's also "cream of three crops" i think came from him. I haven't tried it, but i believe cream ales would go well with hot days. its on my short list of upcoming brews :)

Back