OMG, my first keg is in danger, of being drunk up that is :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billpaustin

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Holy Smokes! I kegged my 2nd batch of beer (a hefe-weizen) and now, only 3 days later, it is in danger! Of being drained!

I put it at 28 psi for a day, and shook it up pretty good a few times, and then 10 psi. Now it tastes like something I want to drink! I doubt if it will ever get a chance to grow up :mug:

The temp is a cool 40 degrees, so maybe that helps the co2 get absorbed.

The colder temps does help the holding capacity of the beer. You'll be able to get more CO2 absorbed into the beer if it's held nice and cold for a few days to a week at 30 PSI depending on the beer style.

And five gallons is a lot to burn through in a few days, you alcoholics you. ;)

It's going down fast, but even I can't drink 5 gal in a couple of days :)

I've got a Belgian Wit, and an Irish Stout that have been fermenting for 3 weeks this weekend. Thinking I will keg the stout, and bottle the white.

So, better to prime the stout, then keg it? Or go for co2 pressure right away?

Personally I don't even tap a keg til AFTER it's second week on C02. Then again I don't care for green beer even those that burst carb admit that taste improves over time. Heffe, and IPA I like on the young side for flavor reasons. I can be choosey because of my pipeline though.:cross:

Back