Does anyone make a malt tea, just for drinking?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davekippen

Reaction score
We did some grain tasting with our homebrew club today where we just steeped 12 different grains in water to gain understanding of their individual flavors.

This got me thinking, is there a recipe for a simple malt grain tea? Im not a big fan of "normal" tea but some of the grains might make a nice base for a malt tea?

No but when I make my Moose Drool clone I scoop a cup of the mash out and put some cream in it and eat it. Dang tasty it is

No but if I am brewing on a cold day I drink a hot scotchie or two. For those who haven't heard of this you fill a coffee mug with first runnings from your mash and add a shot of Scotch.

No but if I am brewing on a cold day I drink a hot scotchie or two. For those who haven't heard of this you fill a coffee mug with first runnings from your mash and add a shot of Scotch.

A hot scotchy is one of the best parts about being an all-grain brewer. One of life's great pleasures.

Back