SWiMBO or SWaMBO?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you pronounce SWMBO

• Swimbo

• Swambo

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
SWIMBO if I make myself say it out-loud... can't think of anytime I've had the occasion to say it in a real conversation though, lol. Generally when I see something like that I break it down in my head when I read it though.

i find the whole thing stupid, and i never use it, but i'm with revvy - I have always pronounced it SWAMBO. never even thought of SWIMBO. why would she be swimming?

motobrewer said:
i find the whole thing stupid, and i never use it, but i'm with revvy - I have always pronounced it SWAMBO. never even thought of SWIMBO. why would she be swimming?

Well just trying to pronounce the letters S and W and M together. SWM makes more of a swim sound to me. You would have to unnaturally add an a in there to make SWAMBO. IMHO. It's actually more like swoom or swum.

but it ends in a vowel. so, dont you use the long form of the vowels in the word? however imaginary they may be?

When I read it, it sounds like SWiMBO in my head. I'm like a few others though......I think the acronym is just silly and I don't use it. Then again, I have issues with authority and am not married. :D

Back