• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

complete faucet assembly

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walker

I use secondaries. :p
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I found a pretty good deal on a two-faucet tower, and I am considering turning my mini-fridge into a kegerator with a tower on top. The big kegerator in the garage would then turn back into a fermentation chamber.

If I do this, I am going to be sitting here with two complete faucet assemblies from the big kegerator that are no longer of use to me.

Each assembly would include:
  • tailpiece (beer nut, gasket, hose-barb)
  • 8" shank (looooong shanks)
  • shank lock nut
  • faucet collar
  • faucet coupling nut
  • chrome faucet w/ small black tap handle
I can't remember what I paid for all of this hardware, but I priced everything out on a few online homebrew shops just now, and one of these complete set-ups would come to over $50 total if bought new (those 8" shanks are expensive).

The faucets and tap handles I sell would be brand new (I would be keeping my current faucets and tap handles and would be selling the ones that are included with the tower). All of the other stuff has been used for less than two years and is in excellent shape.

All you would need to do is drill a hole through your fridge door, install one of these in there, and connect some hose between the tailpiece and your keg.

SWMBO says I have to get enough out of the old stuff to help pay for a good chunk of the new tower, or it's no deal.

If you would be interested in one or both of these assemblies, PM me with an offer. You would also have to cover shipping charges, which would be $5 using USPS flat-rate priority mail.

I'll post a picture when I get home later.

Forgot to upload a picture.

Here's one of the two assemblies. (The other one is just like this.)

faucetandshank.jpg

These are NOT the faucets and handles I will be selling, but the rest of the stuff is. The ones I am selling look like this:

chrome-beer-faucet.jpg

one more bump to give HBT'ers the opportunity to buy these before I take-em to craigslist...

I had to post one more comment here, because there was a nice little twist of fate on this whole transaction.

These faucets+shanks were sold to a person with the last name Porter, and he lives in Meadville.

Love it....

Back