What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful day for an outdoor lunch here in Texas. Thought I'd bring this one along. You taste every IBU in this bastard.

image-1848849177.jpg

Sadly, the last of my Belgian Black Ale! But now on to the Chocolate Maple Porter while the keg of Hoppy Columbus IPA cold crashes. Now only 4 kegs in line for my kegerator.

I have heard that the 75 is one of the better ones. It's not available in my area at all. (I am almost glad it isn't ) I think that the people who are saying it is the cats meooow are just seduced by the spell that the brewery puts out. I just can't jump on that boat. There are much better breweries out there, coming out with solid beers that aren't overpriced and not worth it. Wish they would amount to more due their hype.

Never really understood why people criticize dfh all the time. They make solid and unique beers. Ever try the Burton Baton or Palo Santo ?

FermentNEthinG said:
I found this in the fridge while rummaging for hot sauce. Thought I would give it chug.

Wow, Roche 10 and BI. You'll be feeling fine in no time.

image-1446192983.jpg

Motueka Biere de Mars here. Should have lagered, but it was a test batch. After a month in the cellar, it has cleared brilliantly.

Any of you PA guys close enought to go to the Weyerbacher Riserva release this weekend?

My Mock-bock (brewed with Kolsch yeast). I'm actually a little thrown off at the moment. It tasted delightful... light and refreshing with a little earthy note before it was carbonated. Now it's...almost too crisp. Like it picked up a slight hint of sour apple. What the eff!?

Detroit Brewing Co. Detroit Special Export. Only other beer Ive had from them is Ghetto Blaster which is awesome. This is really good, big malt upfront but nice hop finish......interesting

ForumRunner_20130319_185535.jpg

WesleyS said:
Keg of Chocolate Orange Peel Stout has kicked.

It's new occupant will be a DIPA I'm currently cold crashing.

Nicely done sir! I think you should try the same thing with your DIPA ;)

No need to go into my thoughts on this, but it's a bittersweet moment. I think I've finally exhausted this town's supply of GB. Literally, I think I was the only one in this town drinking any GB. Every time I went into a store that sold it it looked like there was the same amount as the last time I was there and not in a 'the shelf was restocked or reorganized to get everything up to the front' kind of way. Got the last 4 pack in the last store in this town selling it.

20130319_203000.jpg

xMalachi said:
Nicely done sir! I think you should try the same thing with your DIPA ;)

Now that would be something! Marathon drinking 2 1/2 gallons of 10% ABV DIPA. I would kick before the keg. :D

Scythe & Sickle - Delicious. Got me a one of these to try later or sooner this week. Oh and am having a Widmer milk stout currently, yet another unsurprisingly great beer. Didnt think I was in a stout mood but this beer is telling me it doesnt matter if I was in a stout mood or not.

Did you get that Better Half of the shelf and is there more? Cause I'd sure trade for one/some if that's the case.:D

WesleyS said:
Keg of Chocolate Orange Peel Stout has kicked.

Soooo..... How drunk were you when you called it quits, hmmm? Looking forward to doing the same thing with a keg of Milk Stout that I'm about to tap in a few days (after several days, of course)!
Oh, back on subject; having a HB'ed bitter with dinner, then off to bed....

Back