Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What'd he really do that was so assholely, this time? Not denying that he's an *******, but what did he do? The official was running away like he was about to **** his pants and needed to get to the crapper, he wanted an explanation on whether the kick was going to be reviewed. What's he supposed to do? There is precedent for reviewing plays after the game is "over" - he made reference to a game in 2000 that I vaguely recall, when a Drew Bledsoe "fumble" was revieded and changed to an "incomplete pass" and the teams had to come back out after being in the locker room 10-15 minutes.

I mean, the ref *should* give the coach the courtesy of at least saying "we're not going to review the play for XYZ reason". Given the controversial nature of the call, at least would seem to be warranted.

What'd he really do that was so assholely, this time? Not denying that he's an *******, but what did he do? The official was running away like he was about to **** his pants and needed to get to the crapper, he wanted an explanation on whether the kick was going to be reviewed. What's he supposed to do? There is precedent for reviewing plays after the game is "over" - he made reference to a game in 2000 that I vaguely recall, when a Drew Bledsoe "fumble" was revieded and changed to an "incomplete pass" and the teams had to come back out after being in the locker room 10-15 minutes.

I mean, the ref *should* give the coach the courtesy of at least saying "we're not going to review the play for XYZ reason". Given the controversial nature of the call, at least would seem to be warranted.

Because it's not a reviewable play?

NFL rules said:
If the ball is higher than the top of the uprights as it crosses the end line, the play may not be reviewed.

I'm surprised that these replacement hacks knew that and Bill didn't.

My comment about Bill being an ******* related more to his post-game press conferences. All of them. Not just this one. So, in review, he's always been an *******. :p

Because it's not a reviewable play?

I'm surprised that these replacement hacks knew that and Bill didn't.

As per his press conference today, he wasn't sure based on his vantage point whether the ball passed above the top of the goal post or not, i.e. whether it was reviewable or not. The refs ought to at least answer that question.

Incidentally, I'm guessing it's a $100k fine for grabbing that p*ssy on his way off the field. Julian Edelman's the only one who's allowed to grab pussies.

As per his press conference today, he wasn't sure based on his vantage point whether the ball passed above the top of the goal post or not, i.e. whether it was reviewable or not. The refs ought to at least answer that question.

I call bullsh!t. He's never spoken enough cumulative words in a press conference to say "I wasn't sure whether the ball passed above the top of the goal post or not." :p

Incidentally, I'm guessing it's a $100k fine for grabbing that p*ssy on his way off the field. Julian Edelman's the only one who's allowed to grab pussies.

i would imagine that or more what was Fox fined 30k for his actions. If a player did that hed be suspended a game so i dont see why there would be any leniency on BB

I call bullsh!t. He's never spoken enough cumulative words in a press conference to say "I wasn't sure whether the ball passed above the top of the goal post or not." :p

A Coach Who's Better Than Your Coach Even If He Is A ****ing ******* said:
"I've been asked about the situation at the end of the game, so I'm just going to take a couple of minutes to explain that, and that'll be the end of it. On the final kick, after we took the timeout, and rushed the kick, from the sideline I saw the ball go pretty close to the upright, I couldn't obviously tell from where I was at where exactly it went. But I saw players waiving that it was no good, then I saw the officials giving the signal that it was good, and I just wasn’t sure from where I was standing whether the ball, when it went over the cross bar, was above the upright or in-between or not in-between the upright. So by rule, if the ball isn’t over the crossbar, and it’s either inside or outside of the upright, that’s reviewable. If it’s over the crossbar, over the top of the upright rather, then it’s not reviewable. I couldn’t tell, from my angle, when the ball crossed the crossbar, where it was. So I didn’t know whether or not that play was going to be under review or whether it wasn’t.

“So when the game was over, I went out and I was really looking or an explanation from the officials as to whether or not the play was under review. I did try to get the official’s attention as he was coming off the field to ask that, but I really wasn’t able to do that.

“I’ve coached in this league a long time. I’ve never been penalized, never had any incidents with officials or anything like that. I have never meant any disrespect or in any way tried to abuse or be disrespectful to the officials and the job that they do. I was trying to get an explanation for obviously an important call/play in that game. That’s the No. 1 thing between coaches and officials, it’s always at the forefront, just communication of what’s going on and what’s happening.

“As many of you know, I’ve been involved in a game like this before, in 2000, here in Foxborough with Johnny Grier as the referee. Drew [Bledsoe] was trying to throw a pass at the end of the game against Miami and the ball was ruled a fumble. The clock ran out and the game was over. Then, as I was walking off the field with Johnny at that time, I talked to him about ‘This seems like an incomplete pass, there should be more time on the clock, we should have another play here.’ [His response was] ‘No, that’s the ruling, the game’s over.’ We go back into the locker room, 10 minutes or so later, Johnny comes back and says they are reviewing the play and we may have to go back out and finish the game. About five minutes after that, players got dressed, we came back out for a final play in that game.

“So I’ve been through a situation at the end of a game where it’s over, but it’s not over, that type of thing. That was really the situation last night. I was trying to get the official’s attention to get an explanation on it. In no way, was I ever trying to do anything other than that.

“I have nothing further to add about that situation, but that’s what happened.”

I actually don't think he's an *******.

Blah blah blah.. "ewwwww Cape is such a homer and my gash is frothing over it. Boo hooo hoooo". Go ahead... Everyone start crying.

But I don't think be's am ******* at all. I think he 1) has no interest in being Mr. popular with the media (how's that working out for Rex??) which doesn't make him an ******* and 2) what he says, even though it is only in five words or less, due to point #1, is absolutely correct. The media constantly tries to stir up piles of crap, which is ther job to some extent, an he just either cuts it short immediately or doesn't play to their hand. Either way, I don't see it as being an *******. Fans of other teams see him up there crawling out of his skin because he hates being in front of the media. I don't see how that makes him an *******.

Besides any coach who says "Fck you Mason, look at the scoreboard" is funny in my book.

Speaking of the media, the one good thing to come out of last night's debacle was that the media has now just shut the **** up about Wes-Gate. "Why isn't Wes Welker playing??!!?!?!?" when he's getting more targets than anyone.. :rolleyes: It's been almost as bad as the Sox beat reporters.

I'm sick as hell but still three sheets to the wind been pregaming since 1

Speaking of the media, the one good thing to come out of last night's debacle was that the media has now just shut the **** up about Wes-Gate. "Why isn't Wes Welker playing??!!?!?!?" when he's getting more targets than anyone.. :rolleyes: It's been almost as bad as the Sox beat reporters.

Holy fck... No kidding. I was ready to drive to where ever that fcking tard Gerry Calahan was, reach down his throat and pull his spine out. I effin hate him and that's all he was whining about all week. "whhhhy does Belichick hate Wes?!". So freakin stupid.

bluemoose said:
This explains a lot!

Cah hoppa yea I could see how you would be pissed yout can't use it. I kid I kid. I love speech impediments

I'm gonna ignore reading everything before my awesome post and question; Am I watching a Big 10 game or the over imbibing of 'roids from the NFC West. Because sorry, you'all don't go from gutter to this in a season.

I'm gonna ignore reading everything before my awesome post and question; Am I watching a Big 10 game or the over imbibing of 'roids from the NFC West. Because sorry, you'all don't go from gutter to this in a season.

Why not? The Patriots went from this to the gutter in a season.

DesertBrew said:

HGH baby

Back