What software to get?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muse435

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a mac and a pc with both windows and linux booted on it, i am interested in getting some software to help me keep track of my brewing. Right mow i am still learning so far so good but i would also like the software to be helpful as i get better with brewing. Does anyone have experience with multiple software? For the most part every review i have seen has been mac Vs windows, not really about which one is better regardless of the OS.
Thanks

Next Up : Raspberry

"Hooray Beer!" :tank:

The big difference is in price, IMO.

There are some free online web pages and some spreadsheets around that you can get for free, but if you need/want increased detail then pay software is probably where you want to be.

Can you convert AG to extract (recipes) on beer alchemy like I've seen/heard of being done on beer smith?

Converting AG to extract and back is fairly simple and there are plenty of threads giving you the ratios you will need. As for software I really like hopville.com for an online solution, but I have been a beer alchemy user for a while and really like it as a full featured solution.

Well so far it looks like beer alchemy wins hads down. But suppose you do not have a mac. What would be the best brew software?

And to beat you to the puch line, I can't buy a mac, I'm saving to go AG. :p

Converting AG to extract and back is fairly simple and there are plenty of threads giving you the ratios you will need. As for software I really like hopville.com for an online solution, but I have been a beer alchemy user for a while and really like it as a full featured solution.

Is that a yes?.......

Can you convert AG to extract (recipes) on beer alchemy like I've seen/heard of being done on beer smith?

I did not read through the Help file, I have used BA for a year now and I have not seen the option to convert extract recipes to all grain.

Back