Brewerkz Singapore

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThickHead

Reaction score
SWMBO and I took a quick day-trip over to Singapore to pick up a few things we have been missing and we had a chance to stop by Brewerkz (brew pub) for a quick bite and a couple drafts before catching our ferry back to Indonesia. It was sort of a surprise trip to the brewery, in fact. We were just walking through the Clarke Quay area on our way to pick up a few Cuban cigars at The Connoisseur Divan when we stumbled upon Brewerkz (neither of us had ever been). I never did end up getting those cigars...ah well...next time. Below are a few pics:

Cheers! Freshly poured Brewerkz IPA.
IMG_14752.JPG

The same IPA about 3 seconds later.
iPhone_213.JPG

I ordered up a quick sampler as we only had about an hour or so before we had to catch a cab to the ferry terminal. I don't have much of a review to give as my first two beers were the IPA and an Extra IPA. My buds were a bit fried after that, so the Oktoberfest, the Hopback, the White (wit) and others didn't really get a fair shake. The IPA was fantastic, however.
iPhone_215.JPG

This is a quick shot of Brewerkz bling. The main reason for the pic though is the warning sign on the gate into the brewing area. I thought it was pretty hilarious at the time.
iPhone_212.JPG

The BBQ pork sandwich and the pizza my wife ordered up weren't bad either. All-in-all it was a great pit-stop before catching our ride back. I would recommend anyone who swings through Singapore to stop by and check it out. The craft beer scene in many parts of Asia is growing rapidly as well. And there are some fine examples of quality beers here. Did I mention the IPA was delicious?

Cheers!

Cool pics. Have you been able to tour a Tiger brewery? I remember it was a pretty popular beer over there. That warning sign is pretty funny but it reminds me of the classic "don't spit on the sidewalk or you'll get caned by a cop" Singapore.

Cool pics. Have you been able to tour a Tiger brewery? I remember it was a pretty popular beer over there. That warning sign is pretty funny but it reminds me of the classic "don't spit on the sidewalk or you'll get caned by a cop" Singapore.

Thanks!

I haven't made it to the Tiger brewery. It is the local (Singaporean) standard and is a decent beer for the style. As I spend most of my time over here in Indonesia I will usually order up a Bintang (to support the local beer) if faced with no choice but the usual list of light lagers available on tap. Gotta break away to Singapore as often as possible to get my fix of craft brews though. I love the place.

When we were in Singapore we saw the similar Do Not Enter signs on the "public" land that was all fenced off. We also enjoyed Brewerkz...I had a yummy (maybe oatmeal?) stout, much to the shock of my English friend who was convinced all Americans drank nothing but light lagers.

When we were in Singapore we saw the similar Do Not Enter signs on the "public" land that was all fenced off.

Do you recall exactly where you saw this?

We also enjoyed Brewerkz...I had a yummy (maybe oatmeal?) stout, much to the shock of my English friend who was convinced all Americans drank nothing but light lagers.

They have an oatmeal stout there that looks pretty damn delicious. It had been a hot day with lots of foot travel, which meant that the stout was nowhere near the top of my list that night. Next trip for sure though....

I'm on deployment with the Navy right now and if we go to Singapore, I'll be hitting Brewerkz up if possible. I sure could go for a beer right about now.

I don't remember exactly. I feel like I saw the signs from a train when coming in from JB. What I vaguely recall are huge vine-covered fences, maybe with barbed wire on top. Can't remember if it was a nature preserve (I think Singapore has a few) or if it was a government installation of some sort. It was almost 5 years ago so my recollections are a bit dim.

My in-laws live there, and the last time we visited Singapore, we hit brew works for some steamed mussels and good beer. Man, can't wait to go back!

Those protected area signs are used for several things in Singapore. Military bases, reservoirs, government facilities that are not open to the public, such as the Istana where the president lives - all these places have these signs. In Brewerkz it's a joke of course.

Ahh Brewerkz! That place is putting out some nice beer. I especially loved their steam beer.

Latest posts

Back