Who's drinken teh homebrew tonite?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonvolt

Reaction score
I am. I have a keg of light, golden ale that I am trying to kill so that I can get my Irish Red on tap. Had quite a few already . . . . :mug: :drunk:

Baron von BeeGee said:
Coincidentally I just poured a pint of my Oktoberfest. My SIL arrived today to visit the spawn, so I have a little more "latitude".

nice!

Carry on, bra!

Baron von BeeGee said:
Coincidentally I just poured a pint of my Oktoberfest. My SIL arrived today to visit the spawn, so I have a little more "latitude".

Oh yeah, there's HUGE coincidence! Somebody call the president and the guy that organizes the summer Olympics! One of the HBT moderators is having a pint of beer that he made himself on a Friday after work! What next, cats and dogs living in harmony?!?!

:mug:

Let the weekend commence!

Chairman Cheyco said:
Oh yeah, there's HUGE coincidence! Somebody call the president and the guy that organizes the summer Olympics! One of the HBT moderators is having a pint of beer that he made himself on a Friday after work! What next, cats and dogs living in harmony?!?!
Dang, I have to admit you have a point there! Too much has been going over my head with my recent sleep deprivation, self-inflicted in this case! LOL

I'll have to check in later...

Chairman Cheyco said:
I am! Heading out to visit our old friend Sasquatch to have a few Son's of Black Death.
Sasquatch???? Get him to post a little more on this site so at least the rumours can continue of his existence. Bless his hairy little body......:D

I'm drinking my two week old AG amber at the moment. It could still clear a bit, but it ain't bad for green beer. I plan on drinking the last of my pumpkin ale with a friend who is extremely curious as to how it turned out.

Based on the spelling of the thread title, it looks like you've already started...

As soon as the babe's asleep, it's time to find out how much IPA I have left.

Started out drinking my remnant ale, made from a bunch of leftover grains & hops. It has proved to be one of the best beers I've ever made. It's so good that SWMBO gets pi$$ed when I drink it because she wants it all for herself.

Then I moved to my Hop Rod Rye clone, which ended up tasting very vaguely like HRR, but somehow ended up with 8.7% ABV:cross: . I have no idea how that happened, but that 1056 yeast REALLY attenuated the beer.

I got off work early today. So, I'm crocked.

the_bird said:
Based on the spelling of the thread title, it looks like you've already started...

I definitely had started at that time. Just killd teh keg . . . and puttin my Irish "Red Shoes" Ale on for the first time!!! Tasting pretty good if I do say so, mahself!!

:cross:

It's a sad day for me. The best beer I've brewed in my short career is no more. I went to draw a pint to start the weekend and got nothing but foam.

So long Grand Cru #1! I'll always remember you:tank:

Apfelwein! It's dangerous stuff, 7.5 percent, and since I added some frozen concentrated apple juice after fermentation, it's sweet and easy to drink to boot. Scary!

Part of the Friday night duties 'round here involved cleaning out a few cornies.

(See, my operation hit a multi-month hangup and I was left with nothing in kegs.......for 2 months....very, very sad)

With the exeption of one, all the empty cornies were stored cleaned, sanitized and pressurized. The only straggler was the cornie I left in the kegerator - 7 months ago (not on tap/under low pressure). I go to grab this guy, and it feels heavy. Gallon or two heavy.

I start thinking..........could this really have been an abandoned keg? Long story short, its was a "mexican" lager which had, by now, aged for 11 months. It was farxing amazing.

It is now gone. But a friday night of scrubbing and cleaning turned into a 2 person homebrew jackpot........and the cleaning still happened!! This is a good start to a busy weekend of beer-related activity. :D

Trying to polish off the Bitter so I have somewhere to put the hefeweizen. The friends drank up the last keg of HW and they're already bugging me about when this one will be ready! :D

Just cracked Papa Charlie's Good Life Pale Ale. A teeny-tiny bit green (bottled 2 1/2 weeks), but very good. This was my first mostly-AG batch (just used a couple pounds of DME to get the gravity up). It's a real nice golden color, not as clear as I hoped (I'll have to check, I may not has used Irish Moss in this one, I think I forgot). A lot lighter than any of my extract brews, though.

I like this a lot, just a real good session beer. Still a touch of harshness, which I think may be a little bit of its youth still showing, and it needs a couple more days to fully carb - but I'm very happy with this.

the_bird said:
(I'll have to check, I may not has used Irish Moss in this one, I think I forgot).
I've forgotten on the last three beers I've brewed, including today (granted, it was a stout). I actually bought some of those fancy whirl-floc tablets which seem to work really well when you remember to use them.

Enough patience and cold conditioning and it won't matter anyway (at least that's how I console myself for not having a good memory).

Unfortunately, the only thing I have left on tap is still undrinkable. I'm hoping it ages it's way out of it, but I'm starting to lose hope. I'm drinking some SA Oktoberfest, leinenkugel berry weis, a couple of Hoegaardens, and... Ummm, can't remember, but it' was a Belgian.

I'm drinkin' the homebrew tonight, quite a few actually. :drunk: I only hope my spelling has been ok tonight.....

Back