• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted: Simcoe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohiobrewtus

Reaction score
Hopacles '09 is missing something in the nose and I think I know just what it needs - SIMCOE!

I don't have any and Hopsdirect doesn't have any. Anyone have a couple of oz of pellets sitting around that they would be willing to sell to me or trade for some beers?

From the wtf department - I have to select a prefix in this forum, but 'Wanted' is not an option!

I think it needs amarillo, which is gaining ground as one of my all time favorite hops...but simcoe is good too. I don't have any.

By the way, luv tha avaturrrrr, *****ey. That Favruh is a boat fulluh class, in'ee?

Already dryhopped with Amarillo. Either there's something wrong with my Amarillo pellets, or the Foodsaver didn't seal properly because it's lacking in nose. Well it's not really, but it's not where I want it to be right now.

I changed the avatar just to tick off all the cheeseheads. And let me guess... you're about 4 or 5 beers in? :D :drunk:

Wait, there are still people who like favruh? Yeesh. I figured he's somewhere between stallworth and vick right about now.

In any case, I love amarillo...always get a great nose and flavor profile with it. Your problem is that you're using pellets :D

Oh, and it's really easy to tell if the foodsaver didn't seal, because, well, it's not all tight.

I dont know if he has spare... but zac ordered some a while back. Maybe message him. no harm in trying. But he brews ALOT, so no telling, could be gone by now.

I think he said it is part of his house ale.

I should have got some. I didnt realize how quick it goes.

All else fails, 09 hops should be out soon enough... depending on when you are brewing.

Wait, there are still people who like favruh? Yeesh. I figured he's somewhere between stallworth and vick right about now.

In any case, I love amarillo...always get a great nose and flavor profile with it. Your problem is that you're using pellets :D

Oh, and it's really easy to tell if the foodsaver didn't seal, because, well, it's not all tight.

It was tight, I just wanted to give hopsdirect an out. :D I've put way too much Amarillo in there for the nose to be where it is.

I actually prefer pellets for dryhopping. They drop out much easier. 6-8 hours in the chest freezer and the beer is nice and clear and ready to keg.

It was tight, I just wanted to give hopsdirect an out. :D I've put way too much Amarillo in there for the nose to be where it is.

I actually prefer pellets for dryhopping. They drop out much easier. 6-8 hours in the chest freezer and the beer is nice and clear and ready to keg.

I've taken to DH'ing in the keg with leaf (all I use anymore) in a drawstring bag. Works well.

I've taken to DH'ing in the keg with leaf (all I use anymore) in a drawstring bag. Works well.

Well if I have to I may resort to a 3rd dry hop in the keg. I've invested way too much into this beer to not be happy with the nose.

One of the guys in my homebrew club (Hugh_Jass) stepped up and I got what I was looking for. Thanks everyone!

Back