Keezer with Aluminum collar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MysticPhantom

Reaction score
Here's my keezer. I used Red Oak and then wrapped it in Aluminum. It started out as a white GE freezer now its a black keezer!

100_7006.jpg

Looks nice! Question though, did you plan on wrapping it in Aluminum the whole time or did it just progress that way. If that was the plan all along, why not use a cheaper wood to save some money?

@Rick... actually I didn't plan on using Aluminum at first. It's just my stain job came out not the way I was hoping. Most things in my kitchen are black/brushed aluminum so it actually goes better.

@ExHemp - I did paint the seal with Rustoleum Appliance Epoxy. Its a spray paint. The paint held great on the freezer itself but flaked off pretty easily on the seal, I ended up just using a black seal from Lowes.

Hey phantom, I bought a similar fridge and some rustoleum epoxy gloss black. I can't really tell from the pictures, but did you get a clean professional finish, or did it come out sloppy? I'm ready to paint it black, but a little hesitant I might ruin it :S

The finish looks great! The only thing you have to do is make sure you spray THIN and EVEN coats... A few times I sprayed in one spot a little too long and got runs... had to sand it out and redo some spots... But it actually dries REALLY smooth... almost like factory. Might want to do a gloss coat too... it scratches somewhat easily.

Back