Half Drunken Rant about Noob Brewing!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raven1a

Reaction score
Take this for what it's worth. I've been drinking nothing but my own Two Hearted clone that I've dubbed Two Faced in keeping with my Batman brewing name of Riddell Me This Brewing (Last name is Riddell) and my citrus wheat.

Seriously, if you're panicking about something being wrong...RELAX!!!

If you think it's infected...RELAX!!!

If you think you made a horrible mistake...RELAX!!!

If you think your beer is ruined...RELAX!!!

Monks have been brewing beer out in the open...unsanitized...without Starsan...for hundreds of years!!! This is hearty stuff. Leave it alone. What's the worst that can happen? You'll make beer!!!

If you need something to do for beer, go make some belgian candy sugar for your next IIPA, or wash the labels off the bottles you have for the next bottling day.

Go to google and put site:www.homebrewtalk.com before EVERYTHING you search for. Experiment. Try new things. Add that extra ounce of hops during the initial boil. See what 12lbs of wheat malt extract creates. Buy the 5 gallon better bottle and use it as a secondary. Dry hop in the primary. Dry hop for 11 days (ooooo....outside of the 7-10 day window).

Unless you're a prefessional, best way to learn and figure this crap out is to try it and see what you do and don't like. Try different techniques. Try different yeasts. Try it all.

But, seriously...RDWHAHB!!!

That being said...I think I will...

Um.... the rant part of this post is missing. What did you forget to say?

So when you were a new brewer you never freaked out about anything? If beginning brewers aren't supposed to ask these questions, then why does this forum even exist?

Be carefull new warrior, life and brewing is an ongoing learning process.Yes there is an ignorance with new brewers but they dont know it yet.We are all ignorant if we dont know yet,right? We once were all babies before,no?

Back