What to pair with an Ostrich Egg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about a bucket of breakfast stout?

One of the local farmers tried raising Ostriches for eggs & meat. Found out the hard way they can break your leg with one kick. That was before I moved here, so I never got to try an egg, or even part of one.

I see emu products around once in a while. There are a couple farms.

prod_7830_1848_m.jpg
About the size of a grapefruit.

well, If I could steal a few emu eggs from the wild ones in the bush, and take down a roo in the back yard, we could have steak and eggs for brekkie! And of course we could also defile the Australian crest of arms at the same time!

Jeepers, and I thought my Muscovy eggs were portly :D.

Only problem with hustling eggs from the wild is you never really know what stage of development they are in unless you candle them.

I had ostrich steak once at a fnacy restuarant in Pennsylvania. Red meat, like beef, but with a different texture. Was actually pretty good!

When I was in High School a friend of mine had a few emu's. I remember opening his fridge one day and flipping out because I thought he was hatching dinosaurs Jurassic Park style. The eggs are green and huge.

One egg made a scramble for the whole family and me which was 7 people.

Back