first all grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BierMuncher's Centennial blonde is a good one to consider as well. Reasonably hopped, not too big and turns around pretty quickly...

All grain is easier than you probably think, so just brew what you like. That said, for your first outing, I'd stick with something in the "amber" color range. You may have trouble with very light or very dark beers depending on your water chemistry, but unless you've got some really funky water, everyone should be able to make a decent amberish brew without adjustments.

Boiling my first all grain as I type. It was a lot easier than I expected it to be. My advice would be to get a very good recipe like the one mentioned above. Or go with an all grain kit. I did the liberty cream ale kit from Midwest. I plan to do the recipe above as my next all grain though. Just like everything else relax.

Back