Help Me Put Together A New Keg System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Foley

Reaction score
I have been trying to analyze the best deal to get into kegging. Here is what I have come up with. From MoreBeer: 4 kegs for $99, they have gas and beverage line assemblies with quick diconnects and picnic taps so 4 gas line assemblies @ $14 per = $56 and 4 beverage line assemblies at $8 per = $32, clamps, extra hose, etc. $10. Couple of tees or manifold $10 to $40. From Beverage Factory 5lb co2 tank $62, double gauge reg $41, shipping 10 =$113. So I am into a 4 keg system for about $320 to $340. Refridgeration is covered.

Have I got everything. With morebeers free shipping and keg sale they seem to make sense. Any ideas where I may save a few bucks? I am not adverse to going used on co2 or reg but have not really found any deals. Thanks.

Try pricing out everything at brewersdirect.com they sell kegs for around 20 buck apiece after shipping.

Cheers

wop31 said:
Try pricing out everything at brewersdirect.com they sell kegs for around 20 buck apiece after shipping.

Cheers

I went to that website, but don't see any kegs for sale, do you have a link? That page is rough to navigate.

Roger that on those guys. I have 4 kegs, regulator, tank and all from those guys and those guys only. Read the fine print, you'll want them cleaned, checked and inspected. Cleaning and reassembling them is a PITA for the first time kegger. I know, been there, done that.

I don't know about brewers direct. I live out west and by the time I pay shipping I am just over $100 for 4. Their prices on other equipment isn't cheap enough to overcome the free shipping at morebeer.

Back