What's your brewery name?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hardball

Reaction score
I was reading through some old posts and saw a few of you have come up with a name for your "brewery" and then named your beers. My FIL said he would be willing to have personalized caps printed and I thought a brewery name would be cool.

Question is what is your brewery name and how did you come up with it?

"Iron Orr Brewery"

My last name is Orr. All through school my nickname was Iron. It was kind of funny because I was far from "Iron" when I graduated high school at 145 lbs and pretty much a pipsqueek.

I have a friend working on a label for the brewery right now, hopefully that will be ready soon. The dude does some of the best artwork I've ever seen. He designed the logo for our local offroad club. Check it out:

dso_decal_637[1].jpg

I'm going with Lightning Rod Brewery. My first name is Rod, so that sort of works. I have a logo in my head, but I've yet to get it down on paper in a way that I'm happy with yet.

mines "Red Wyrm Brewing Co." and as you can see in my sig, my website is tavernoftheredwyrm.com

Mine is Naked City Brewing Company the logo for which, is my avatar. I am a film buff and a fan of Film Noir in particular. Naked City (1948) is the name of one of my favorite films. It went on to become a popular television series in the late
50's - early 60's. Beers are all named after classic films or actors/actresses. When/if I bottle I add a line which plays on the original tagline of the series:
"There are 8 million beers in the naked city, this is just one of them"

My brother and I started saving money last year in a savings account I jokingly named the World Domination Fund. When a brew shop opened up down the street, we were hanging out and started discussing brewing as a hobby and potential business years down the line. My fiancé suggested World Domination Beer, and the rest is history:

YouWillSubmit.gif

I have about a dozen beer names already picked out, but the first few are listed in my sig.

I haven't thought of a "brewery" name yet. So far my two label designs just have my name and signature on them.

North Side Bike Gang Brewery . . . aka . . . NBG

Yeah . . .me and a bunch of guys in the neighborhood ride bikes (um . . .bicycles, not motorcycles) to each other's houses for beers . . . . :eek:

A little safer than driving automobiles . . . and we get to call ourselves a bike gang. ;)

AJ's Brewery. AJ was a nix name some Army buddies gave me years ago and it is my wifes and my first initial, so it fits.

Midnight Brewing Company.

Why? Because SWMBO will only let me brew when she and the kids are in bed. Because of this I am usually done by 1am.

Hey, at least she lets me brew...

GearHead.

I think I like that. Gear Head shall be my name.

Not GERE Head, you idiots!!! GEAR Head. Sheesh! I ain't gay or nothin!!!

Dude said:
"Iron Orr Brewery"

My last name is Orr. All through school my nickname was Iron. It was kind of funny because I was far from "Iron" when I graduated high school at 145 lbs and pretty much a pipsqueek.

I have a friend working on a label for the brewery right now, hopefully that will be ready soon. The dude does some of the best artwork I've ever seen. He designed the logo for our local offroad club. Check it out:

dso_decal_637[1].jpg

Dude Orr?:( Did your Mom actually name you that?

I don't have a brewery name, but all of my beer is brewed in the Muddy Udder, my shed/ workshop/barroom. When we bought our little farm, it had just been plowed up. It rained for five weeks straight after we got here. We had a herd of goats at the time, and all of our nannies had muddy udders, hence the name.
We only have one goat now, and the grass in the pasture has come in nicely.

Mine is Ni Usagi Brewing. It's Japanese for "Two Rabbit". SWMBO and I have, you guessed it, two pet rabbits. I've also had an interest in Japanese culture for a while. I particularly like the idea that the "man in the moon" is actually a rabbit making mochi. Anyway, you get the point.

Ni_Usagi.jpg

You know... I'm surprised no one has gone with Ralph Nader BeerCo.

B L O W I N G
R O C K
E
WORKS

blowing rock brew works since i live in blowing rock NC or since a move might be in order i might change it to J.KO Brewing since my name is jon and my last name starts with KO..

I have a brew called Long view ale. for the long views you have off the blue ridge parkway.... thats about it.

Broken Leg Brewery- since I was a hockey player and broke my leg (my own teammate hit me) on March 16. I needed some new hobbies while I've been waiting for my leg to heal. I started with wine (that takes absolutely forever!) and moved to brewing beer in June. I had many complications with the broken leg, but I'm still brewing away. No hockey or skiing this year, because the leg is still just a little broken. The beer, however, is coming along nicely......

Lorena

Sorry to hear that you're having troubles with the leg, Lorena.

I've been torn on what to call the brewery:

hopsonpoptransparentbackgroundcopy.jpg

Or, thinking more recently "Munkeybrau"... feel kinda weird having a baby pic on a beer label...

My nick name is age. So I'd call it "Aged Brewery" or "New Age Brewery" "Aged Beer" And since I like that green taste in some beers It would kinda be an oxy moron.

compact007 said:
B L O W I N G
R O C K
E
WORKS

blowing rock brew works since i live in blowing rock NC or since a move might be in order i might change it to J.KO Brewing since my name is jon and my last name starts with KO..

I have a brew called Long view ale. for the long views you have off the blue ridge parkway.... thats about it.

Hey compact007, Blowing Rock is beautiful! We spent a week up there last year in October, and had a great time. That stretch of the parkway just south of there must be the best of the best!

the_bird said:

Or, thinking more recently "Munkeybrau"... feel kinda weird having a baby pic on a beer label...

I like "Hops on Pop"! Instead of baby pics, you could continue with the Dr. Seuss theme and use images from his books. How about a "How the Grinch Stole Christmas Ale"?

I don't have one for my brewery yet, but I do have one for my winery. Since I don't know wtf I'm doing when it comes to wine, I call it Flying Blind Winery.

the_bird said:

I definitely like the "Hops on Pop" idea. Maybe you're right about the baby picture on the label, though. It didn't bother me at all and I think it's cute, but maybe other people would question the appropriateness. Still, when you have a kid that adorable, she belongs on a label!

Lorena

Thanks for the replies! Dude, I love the Iron Orr and the stories behind the rest of the names are great.

I have decided on Birddog Brewing. I have been an associate baseball scout for almost 10 years and we are called "birddogs". Labels/Caps to follow.

Good luck to you all and have a great holiday!

I.R.V. Brewing Company Braukunst

Illinois
River
Valley

I live next to the river, and our water comes from there.

If you piss in the River Valley, it will eventually end up in our water, and maybe my beer. :drunk:

Currently I'm the West Washington Brewery since I live on West Washington Avenue in Madison, WI.

... But I've been toying with 'Sconie Bräu. People from the coasts ("coasties") going to school here pejoratively call Wisconsinites 'sconies. I like the sound of it, but it would be kind of misleading because I can't do lagers.

... And that leaves the Greenbush Brewery because technically I'm in the old Greenbush neighborhood, which was an old Italian ethnic neighborhood until the city razed it to build a hospital there. Or the Lake Monona Brewery, since I'm on Lake Monona.

Biermann said:
I.R.V. Brewing Company Braukunst

Illinois
River
Valley

I live next to the river, and our water comes from there.

If you piss in the River Valley, it will eventually end up in our water, and maybe my beer. :drunk:

"This beer tastes like piss!"

Duly noted, I'll have to remember that the next time I'm in town for a Rivermen game. :D

the_bird said:
Sorry to hear that you're having troubles with the leg, Lorena.

Perhaps a different label for the front and your daughter's pic on the back as a warning label..."The brewmaster has determined that consumption of alcohol may cause children" ;)

My boys both love to fish (can't figure that out 'cause I don't like to fish at all) and I have some great shots of them fishing, one of them is my avatar, so I'm thinking of using that theme for a brewery name. Just haven't come up with a creative idea yet.

Dude said:

Duly noted, I'll have to remember that the next time I'm in town for a Rivermen game. :D

Yeah, and if you naturally ferment your beer here, you'll be fermenting with the finest of histoplasmosis, candida, and apergillosis. :)

Dude said:

Yeah, and if you are ever in town for a Rivermen game, look me up for some Illinois Rivery Water brewed beer!!

Back