ARG - Did I use Wheat Malt Extract??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grinder12000

Reaction score
I'm going nuts here. I'm SURE I used regular Pale Malt Extract but for some reason, in the back of my head I remember LOOKING at Wheat Malt Extract the last time I was at the LHBS.

So now I'm wondering if I purchased 3.3lb of Wheat and THEN without thinking used it as normal LME.

So my question is . . . . what color is Wheat LME. If it is a very pale color I think I'm OK.

I wonder what a Scottish 80 will taste like with 3.3lb of wheat LME LOL.

I have to believe that since I thought of it I did not do it. It's like when you leave home and THINK you left the iron on or water running or something. If you think of it you probably did not do it.

I THINK I remember looking at the plastic can and making sure. I've never used Wheat LME so who knows! SURPRISE LOL

BTW Coastarine - My father in law is a living Survivor of the USS Indy. He was a Marine guarding the Nuke! . . . Actually sleeping on it when the ship was torpedoed. He is pictured in the book "In Harms Way"

Wheat LME looks about like Pale LME.

The differences in your Scottish ale should be minor. Probably will have better head retention due to the extra protein and may take longer to clear. The main difference with hefes is the yeast not the grain.

Craig

Back