Founders is here!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewrifle

Reaction score
Picked up a six pack of the Founders Scotch ale and IPA at the local HEB here in Austin. I can't wait to get my hands on the Breakfast stout this fall.

I still haven't been able to find the porter yet. Let me know if you see any other offerings from them in your neck of the woods. :mug:

I picked up a sixer of their Centenial IPA this past weekend at the Specs in Temple. Good Stuff. They also had the All Day IPA, but I think that was all they had so far.

i love almost everything from Founders, haven't tried the All Day yet. however, a few of my beer-geek friends tell me that the All Day is their least impressive offering, ever. they strongly discouraged me from "wasting" money on it. YMMV.

I dig their centennial IPA. I picked up the dry hopped pale ale and while a good beer was not that impressed due to the hype of founders. I would rather have sierra Nevada pale ale. Can't wait to try the all day IPA.

i love almost everything from Founders, haven't tried the All Day yet. however, a few of my beer-geek friends tell me that the All Day is their least impressive offering, ever. they strongly discouraged me from "wasting" money on it. YMMV.

I tried a pint of the All-Day IPA on tap and thought was underwhelming too. I get the sessionable aspect of it, but it just seemed too watery with more bitterness than flavor/aroma hops. I guess it wasn't bad, just not up to the usual level of quality I expect from Founders.

Not sure if it is in season but has anyone seen the breakfast stout yet? I will leave work to find some of that.

sa1126 said:
Not sure if it is in season but has anyone seen the breakfast stout yet? I will leave work to find some of that.

It's not in season until October. That's probably my favorite out of what I've had from Founders. I actually like it better than their KBS.

sa1126 said:

I've seen some around, but I'm betting it's leftover from last fall...not that it would go bad in that time :)

I'm still waiting to get my hands on some Porter and KBS, but I'm thinking my luck has run out.

Back