Master's Championship of Amateur Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

osagedr

Recovering from Sobriety
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone had much to do with this? A competition I entered last year was a qualifier and I ended up with a couple of MCAB entries.

Do many people know about or enter the MCAB?

I just got my first silver in a local BJCP event in the fall with 36 total entries. I'm gonna have to have a bit more success in local/state events before I start worrying about national events with 800-1000 entries :mug:

Has anyone had much to do with this? A competition I entered last year was a qualifier and I ended up with a couple of MCAB entries.

Do many people know about or enter the MCAB?

It's a fairly large competition where the first place entry in each category from about 20 or so(?) competitions across the country go to compete. It's invitational only and you can't enter unless you take first in one of the qualifying competitions. Good job! :mug:

I did not know about it until I saw that a comp. I entered was a "qualifier" for it. Did a google check and looked at the website for it. As nukebrewer mentioned in his post - limited categories, limited qualifying competitions (big comps) and first place winners. I was able to place in a comp. or two of that size - but no first place/qualifying finishes for me. Gotta be the best of the best to get to enter a beer in it, so if you got a couple in . . . that is really a great job. Otherwise, I am not much help other than what I saw on their website. Good luck though - it would be cool to qualify for it.

I read through the website after I qualified pretty much like everyone else. Looks to have been around quite a few years as an effort to identify some of the most successful competition brewers. I'm not sure I fit that decryption, but i'ma give the finals my best shot :)

Back