Dog Themed "beer pun" help?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moxie

Reaction score
We recently introduced a new member to the family... A Great Dane. So in honour of our new family member, I have decided that for the next few batches of beer, I would like to come up with some cheesy over the top dog related beer names... So far I've got:

Fleabag Bitter
Brindle Brown Ale
Hop Hound IPA - Can it, already exists.
Tail Wagging Wheat
Canine Cream Ale

Any others coming to mind? I thought it would be wise to tap into this creative bunch before committing to any of these terrible ones. :cross:

Hop Hound is already out. ;) i think its a Michy micro.

Damn, I thought that one might have been a bit too obvious, and here I was thinking I was so clever. :cross:

Any other suggestions? I just pitched an IPA.

Ol (d) Leghumper, already spoken for, if you get my meaning.
Woofsteiner, Barkweiser, Danewizz, Puppy Juice, Dog Drool, Foamin' at the Mouth... Will you serve it in growlers? Pete

Long Leash, Distemper, Mange, Choker Collar, Dog Daze, Rovalert (when one dog starts barking and all the other dogs in the neighborhood start barking too)

Ol (d) Leghumper, already spoken for, if you get my meaning.
Woofsteiner, Barkweiser, Danewizz, Puppy Juice, Dog Drool, Foamin' at the Mouth... Will you serve it in growlers? Pete

Yes, it took me a wile to remember the name of the brewery. It was the Thirsty Dog brewery . The one I used to frequent was in Dayton, OH, but closed quite a few years ago. I think the one I enjoyed the most was Goldings Retriever :)

http://thirstydog.com/

Well, I'm still waiting to make a beer worthy of the name "Stinky Weiner", but that would be because I have a smelly dachshund.

Pooch Hooch, Puppy Breath Porter.

I make one I call Horndog Hefeweizen.
Horndog_label.jpg

there's some good ideas here.

How about a label with a pic of a dog (a pic of your dog or a cartoon great dane) lifting his leg & whizzing into a pint glass? You could call it Murphy's Best, Dane Whizz, etc...
Regards, GF.

Well, I'm still waiting to make a beer worthy of the name "Stinky Weiner", but that would be because I have a smelly dachshund.

Ive got two dachshunds. Ive got a "two long dogs dunkel" and a "prairie dog porter" in the works named after them and the way they sit up like prairie dogs.

I did a dog theme awhile back, I never brewed it, but here was the label.....

Kayleighspictures2003-1.jpg

I did however brew this one, but it was nasty....The Maple syrup I used was crap with preservatives and it was terrible.....extreme chemical taste...I am going to revisit when I score some Class D or so Maple Syrup (My dogs name is Maya, btw.)

Kayleighspictures2003-2-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back