Latest round up from the bottle shop

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan_PA

Reaction score
I love Capones.

I just came home with Weyerbacher Reserva, Monk's Cafe Flemmish Sour, Troegs Scratch #10, Troegs Scratch #12 and SN Harvest.

Here are the specs on the Troegs and Weyerbacher:

Scratch 12:
Scratch Beer #12-2008: IPA

O.G.: 15.5 Plato
A.B.V.: 6.5%
I.B.U.’s: 75
Malt: Pils, Vienna
Yeast: Thames Valley Ale
Hops: Amarillo, Warrior, Mt. Hood

In our never-ending pursuit of answering the burning question of what’s new, we present Scratch #12-2008, an IPA.

The IPA is a fickle beast; too much malt and you veer into a high-octane hopbomb, while too little hops can question a beer’s virility. In these chaotic days of shrinking hop harvests, balance is key to a proper IPA. Scratch #12-2008 delivers an intense pine nose married with a subtle wildflower aroma. The Thames Valley yeast adds an earthy nod to traditional English IPAs, while the American hops provide a bold contrasting bitterness.

Scratch #10-2008: Grand Cru

O.G.: 22 Plato
A.B.V.: 10.2%
I.B.U.’s: 18
Malt: Pils, Crystal
Adjuncts: Molasses, Dememera Sugar
Juju: Orange Peel, Star Anise, Molasses
Yeast: Trappist
Hops: Nugget, German Northern Brewers

The third time just might be the charm—Scratch #10-2008 is our third triple in the Scratch Beer series.

This grand cru has been lovingly aged since late-February, yet still unleashes the slightest hint of alcohol heat.

Scratch #10-2008 also has a triple flavor inspiration combining the caramel/toffee notes of dememera sugar and molasses, with citrus and licorice flavors created by the orange peel and star anise; lastly we create a peppery/spicy finish with the same trappist yeast has been used in each Scratch Beer Triple.

Riserva
Our first American Wild Ale, over 1 year in the making, aged in Oak barrels with red raspberry puree and Brettanomyces yeast. Riserva is the culmination of a beer journey that began over 2-1/2 years ago when we began experimenting with Brett.
You've got to taste this beer to see where the pinnacle of brewer's artisanship can take you. It's just unbelievably great! Starting with an incredible nose of tart berries, this full-bodied brew has a fruit-lambic palate, a pleasingly dry finish, and an intriguing complexity that'll leave you thinking of interesting descriptors for the rest of the session. As brewer's we've been waiting a long time to share this beer with you, but its definitely been worth the wait. I'm sure you'll agree once you taste it, if you're lucky enough! Extremely limited quantities on the first batch released in mid-June 2008 at a special event debut night at the brewery on June 13th from 5 to 8 pm, where it will be available for purchase as well. 11.4% Abv. Recipe by Dan Weirback.

I'm stoked. Apparently there was only like 20 cases of the Reserva made.

very_nice1.jpg

Back