sodastream lever problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daft

Reaction score
My sodastream fizz model is developing a problem where the lever/bar thingie that you push down to make the co2 squirts is often slipping and releasing pressure too fast when I am still in the 1 second downstroke. There seems to be an interlock so I can't open it up and examine while the tank still has pressure. Anyone know if I will be able to fix this myself when I can open this up in 9 weeks or so? I hope I can just bend a lever back or something.

Oddly the problem seemed to go away... self adjustment by the clever machine? I think original problem was from me impatiently pumping too fast and bending something. Anyway using my new paintball setup seems to slow down the pumping response even more.

So my new approach is to just hold the lever down till it buzzes (= overpressure valve) or better yet just beforehand. I am sure this is a "bad thing", and reduces co2 absorption as the bubbles just follow a stream back above the surface instead of hitting undisturbed water first. But I think my paintball setup isn't as good in penetrating the water fast and downward anyway.

What I do next should help... which is to leave the cold, carbed water on the sodastream machine to reabsorb from the gas pocket, while I fuss with setting up and opening flavor ingredients. Hopefully then I don't blow off much more wasted co2 by saving these umpteen tedious pumps.

Latest posts

Back