time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rjwhite41 said:
I suppose it would have. One guess per day is the rule I believe and no one's guessed it yet.

It's one per hint and you can hint whenever you want.

It's one per hint and you can hint whenever you want.

You guys are correct and I'll give you a hint now. The picture really sucks, it's actually darker than it appears with a hint of red to it. It's also clearer than it appears (I'm shocked how cloudy it looks in the pic).

Anyway, 1st hint - the monks of St. Francis reportedly created this style of liquid bread

barrooze said:
Google got it.

fixed.

image-3549239519.jpg

Bomber already posted.

Foreign extra stout

Ahhh.. :D So he has. I thought he was drinking a Doppelbock as well, and just posted a pic of it! :drunk:

My guess is doppelbock!

EDIT: Damn! I'm always poster after the current pic is done! I need me some more F5!

I'm on a roll - Woot!

beer311.jpg

Another simple one and I wished a keg of it lasted longer than January. It aged quite well. Going to have to brew 10 gallons next Halloween.

A few days after the Thanksgiving guests leave, I keg it and let it sit for 25 more days for pagan ceremonial purposes. Or just really to let it smooth out a bit.

Ding ding ding!

Booyah!! Once I re-read your clue about brewing around Halloween, I had a feeling it was this.

I hate to jump on the crummy phone camera train, but here's what I took last night at the tail end of my brew session. Its much clearer than the picture depicts, may be chill haze?
(I had to include the outer portion of the glass so you wouldn't get too mystified by the shape of the glass. :mug:

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

Back