Show us your SWMBO...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh for cryin out loud! Maffew vs. maffewl, the "l" is added on to the name "maffew", thus being one letter away from awesomeness.

image-4129868558.jpg

Ok gentlemen, since I am a lady homebrewer ( the few, the proud ) who also loves watching football ( sporting my mizzou jersey in the pic ) and yes i cook and bake also, my hubby is a happy man, lol

image-4234123601.jpg

My hubby : )

View attachment 48279

Ok gentlemen, since I am a lady homebrewer ( the few, the proud ) who also loves watching football ( sporting my mizzou jersey in the pic ) and yes i cook and bake also, my hubby is a happy man, lol

View attachment 48283

My hubby : )
woohoo, let's hear it for lady brewers! your husband is a lucky man.

humana, humana, humana
+1. seriously. anyone know where that is from? a commercial? a movie? she looks like tina fey.

Here is she who might be obeyed! :p

The second one is of us being deliriously happy at Bonnaroooooooooo!!!!!

1.jpg

251388_1826285065401_2757525_n.jpg

I refused to poop at bonnaroo in 2006 due to a morbid fear of hippy ass crabs. Luckily, I made reservations early for a hotel instead of camping out with the rest of the wookies.

Loved the bands. Got to see Ben Folds, Beck, Oysterhead, Tom Petty, Bright Eyes, Elvis Costello and some obscure band called Radiohead. :fro:

I'm not usually one for festival concerts due to the short setlists, but it was interesting. I spent most of my time hanging out with Michael Ivins from The Flaming Lips in the VIP section and at the Abita beer tent.

Pre-dawn, port-a-john in the background, wearing a hydration pack.

Ultrarunner?

If so, great pit crew!

edit to say:
Ahhh, nevermind. Just noticed the jeans.

My knees/shins cant handle running but that hydration pack has seen many many miles of biking! It smelled like burnt wookie after this festival however

I refused to poop at bonnaroo in 2006 due to a morbid fear of hippy ass crabs. Luckily, I made reservations early for a hotel instead of camping out with the rest of the wookies.

Loved the bands. Got to see Ben Folds, Beck, Oysterhead, Tom Petty, Bright Eyes, Elvis Costello and some obscure band called Radiohead. :fro:

I'm not usually one for festival concerts due to the short setlists, but it was interesting. I spent most of my time hanging out with Michael Ivins from The Flaming Lips in the VIP section and at the Abita beer tent.

The wooks can sometimes knock you off your feet with their smell but we got lucky this year in the porto potty area (at least the ones by our camp site) Someone had broken one of the locks on a porto potty by our site so it looked like it was always locked even when no one was in there. It was extremely clean the entire festival. Almost like we had our own bathroom.

This year if we go i am going to rent an rv, the heat has been brutal the last 2 years. Waking up at 6 in the morning to a tent being 120 degrees after just falling asleep at 4am is no fun. Radiohead is coming back this year :)

The wooks can sometimes knock you off your feet with their smell but we got lucky this year in the porto potty area (at least the ones by our camp site) Someone had broken one of the locks on a porto potty by our site so it looked like it was always locked even when no one was in there. It was extremely clean the entire festival. Almost like we had our own bathroom.

This year if we go i am going to rent an rv, the heat has been brutal the last 2 years. Waking up at 6 in the morning to a tent being 120 degrees after just falling asleep at 4am is no fun. Radiohead is coming back this year :)

Yeah, campers are a good way to go. Since there are basically two hotels within driving distance, I felt lucky to get a room (booked way way in advance). I'm more of a hotel camper anyway, and I don't sleep well in extreme heat and noise. Since the roo tea party don't stop at any hour, I figured the hotel room was the way to go. Glad I did. There is no sin more exquisite and wonderful than central air conditioning after a hot ass day at bonnaroo. Radiohead is pretty good live. I was really there to see Beck, Ben Folds, Bright Eyes and Oysterhead. I was very surprised by how good Elvis Costello was with the New Orleans jazz band and blown away when Michael Ivins of the Flaming Lips came over and sat next to me during that show in the VIP section and struck up a conversation with me. I tried not to geek out on him but after thanking him for contributing to the music that became part of the soundtrack of my life, we just hung out in the VIP sections and talked music.

I also went to Vegoose that year, and it was a much better scene. Instead of a hot assed humid cow pasture, it's UNLV's campus grounds including the stadium. Busses run back and forth to the Vegas strip 24/7 and I stayed at the MGM Grand for $30 a night. I saw Talib Quali, The Decemberists, The Shins, Widespread Panic, Primus, The Flaming Lips (Hi Mike!), Ween (obsession band), Beck, and a bunch of others I don't even remember.

The weather was so awesome. Warm and dry (no humidity) during the day, cold at night (love the desert) and the weed was better. ;)

^ lol.
"where's the kids honey?"
"*hickup* shoot I dunno show me your tits and I'll give you these beads :drunk: "

My SWIMBO *awwwwwwwwwwwww* It took each of us a failed marriage then some time to find each other but we did. Soul mates.

hey gurl hey 013.jpg

d n j 1.jpg

Here a few of my beauty from our recent travels... Plus, a very happy one of me right before I ate a lot of ham in Barcelona!

P1060367.jpg

P1060760.jpg

P1040693.jpg

P1040200.jpg

Wife when she did some modeling and had blonde hair.

and then a more recent one with our little boy.

phpzbQxV5AM.jpg

306438_651455480950_11904669_33437811_1609989818_n.jpg

Her first time out, she shot a hell of a lot better than anyone could have expected. Started her out with a 22/45 the moved to the 9mm. Still stressing the "drive the gun, don't let the gun drive you", but she was hitting inside the large square at 7 yards after a couple magazines no problem.
photo4.jpg

Carribean sailboat trip, as beer snobs we hit the bottom of the barrel and found Corona on the last day of the trip.
123Relax193.jpg

Funkwerks in Fort Collins
268513_717116785233_18204640_37305402_4508268_n.jpg

Become friends with the bartender at a wedding in Alabama = get Good People Snake Handler IPA on the house. Best. Wedding. Reception. Ever.
Wedding.jpg

Her first time out, she shot a hell of a lot better than anyone could have expected. Started her out with a 22/45 the moved to the 9mm. Still stressing the "drive the gun, don't let the gun drive you", but she was hitting inside the large square at 7 yards after a couple magazines no problem.
photo4.jpg

123Relax193.jpg

Carribean sailboat trip, as beer snobs we hit the bottom of the barrel and found Corona on the last day of the trip.

Funkwerks in Fort Collins
268513_717116785233_18204640_37305402_4508268_n.jpg

I would enjoy both of those activities. You are a lucky man. I am not supposed to be in here after 10:00 though...tippy toe out...

edit...you seem to have added another activity which I would also enjoy...over and out...just fell down...I think I broke my computer are you guys still piclskdjfier sdflkj sdflkjhel lkdejr e lkje fr elrkj eoliujlkjf.........fades out.....stop reading now....this is the end of my post...

Updated Photos anyone?

She ONLY drinks IPA's or IIPA's. Is getting into whiskey. Not only encourages me to brew, but picks me up grains and hops that she wants to add to a beer. She has successfully named every one of my beers. Been together 6 years and counting. Guess i better pop the question soon...

264310_10150208611938613_756583612_7193429_3609176_n.jpg

155457_10150709414128613_756583612_9428223_1361661071_n.jpg

Off the coast of Cuba, with YES a Cuban Cigar and McCallan 18yr Scotch
263532_10150284774586015_625441014_9327230_90255_n.jpg

My Buddy is a professional Wedding photographer, he took a few shots in Livermore for us. Actually about 1000 photos.
267246_10150301740486015_625441014_9416629_668105_n.jpg

She ONLY drinks IPA's or IIPA's. Is getting into whiskey. Not only encourages me to brew, but picks me up grains and hops that she wants to add to a beer. She has successfully named every one of my beers. Been together 6 years and counting. Guess i better pop the question soon...

well, lets see...

Hot? Check
likes beer? check
likes homebrew? check
encourages you to brew? check
whiskey? check
cuban cigars? check

and it has taken 6 years? better get on that ball soon son! ;) :mug:

Back