**NEW noob Recipe **

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aobolenskiy

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Sometimes a noob can come up with some ideas, and I had the ah ha last week. This is a total experiement but I wanted to share my fun, and keep a status report on the product.

Ingredients:

*1 gallon Whole foods pressed pasturized juice (doubles as a 1 gal carboy) better bang for the buck
*1 gallon Cranberry/Rasberry Kirkland signature juice from Costco
*1 cup Lipton black tea steeped
*2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
*Table Sugar
*Red Star Champagne Yeast

Here is what I did:

Took 1/3 juice out of the 1 gal bottle. Added steeped tea, lemon juice, and 1 cup sugar. Added 1/2 packet Red Star Champagne yeast. Shook like the dickens till everything was mixed. It has been sitting for a week now and is still bubbling strong.

My plan is to let this ferment out one more week and then it might accidentially freeze in a one gallon jug :drunk:, or back sweeten a little if it is dry and bottle. Time will tell how it works out when I crash it in the cold.

So, you listed 2 juices but only included one in your instructions. Did you use the apple or the cranberry, or both?

So, you listed 2 juices but only included one in your instructions. Did you use the apple or the cranberry, or both?

oops! sorry about the ommision of the cranberry/rasberry juice.

after adding the other ingredients what is left over in the carboy I added the rasberry/cranberry juice. (drained 1/3 of gallon applce cider, and added sugar, tea, lemon and cranberry/rasberry juice)

***UPDATE***
I tasted the concoction today, and it is starting to have a kick. It has a slight oaky flavor (I think it is the yeast), and residual sugar is still present. However, it was very smooth. I looked a little closer at the rasberry juice bottle and there is white grape juice in the mix with the others. I think this gave it a distinctive "wineish" taste. It is full of flavor though, and I like it. It is still bubbling away and I am letting it go the mile.

I will be trying the apple/pear juice from Costco next. I was thinking of using that as the main juice and adding the same ingredients. I was then thinking of using Pomegrante juice into the mix. I think that I will need to crash it early though, and not use lemon juce this time because pomegrante is already sour enough.

Back