Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So...I think im done...finally.

Since i first posted in this thread, I have made some improvements.

Added Stout faucet
Added brewery logo vinyl sticker
Added handles to collar for opening
Added printed magnetic labels above tap handles

I just built a lower frame on casters that I will put the entire keezer inside of so I can move it easier. I have 6 full kegs in there now but will but the cart frame on before the weekend so I can roll it right outside onto our deck for a party.

BugeaterKeezer.jpg

VinylLogoCloseup.jpg

KeezerLabels.jpg

Hey I have been lurking and working on collecting parts for this keezer since jan. With help from my father-in-law who is a fantastic woodworker and likes to drink my HB we installed the collar this past sunday. He made this out of Brazilian cherry and maple hardwood floor planks, lots of sanding, and hard work. It is two layers with expanding foam between the two, and if you look at the lid open pic it had intricate finish to have smooth cover on top of both layers plus foam.
p1010010ji3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
p1010011ko6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
p1010012sr2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I had been using picnic taps and constant pressure changes between carb and serve pressures which was a pain. I now have two ventmatics and one brass old looking free faucet. now i need one more ventmatic and some nice tap handles. I can fit 3 cornies and a 5 lb tank. I got a great deal on my freezer for $40 from a co-worker, and less than $40 for my johnson controls box delivered off of ebay.

it will be coming inside to the basement come end of fall, right now we thought we would spend lots of time next to it while brewing on my turkey fryer just in front of my garage next to my patio my smoker and gas grill

Here is mine. Just got it finished yesterday and the first beer is carbing inside, its a brown ale.

IMG_0584.jpg

It will have 4 more taps, Sorry about the huge picture for the low resolution people. I wont do it again.

What is the advantage of attaching the collar to the lid vs. attaching it to the freezer?

Attaching the collar to the lid allow you to lift the collar out of the way when loading the freezer. If the collar stays in place, you have to lift whatever you are loading the height of the freezer plus the collar.

Very nice lookin' rig there! You just gave me an idea for how to use my white HBT sticker, too... I hadn't put it on yet, since my fridge is already white! :D

The kegerator. Yes i know, BL i'm working on that. Halfway to my goal of ten taps. Need do a lot more brewing before that happens.

DSC00188.jpg

DSC00189.jpg

DSC00190.jpg

DSC00191.jpg

DSC00192.jpg

Holy crap Tarheels that is major sweetness!!!!!!! I've always wanted to score a big 'ol commercial True or Vulcan or somethin' to use as a fermentation cabinet. Nice find!!!!!!!! :D

What is the advantage of attaching the collar to the lid vs. attaching it to the freezer?

Attaching the collar to the lid allow you to lift the collar out of the way when loading the freezer. If the collar stays in place, you have to lift whatever you are loading the height of the freezer plus the collar.

Also if you attach to the freezer, it is very difficult to reach all the way to the bottom when you need wipe up spilled beer and pick up the wrench when you drop it cause you smashed your knuckles on another keg post.

I designed my collar so I really don't have to attach it to anything, my collar slides down onto the walls of the freezer so in theory I could take it off at any time.

Holy crap Tarheels that is major sweetness!!!!!!! I've always wanted to score a big 'ol commercial True or Vulcan or somethin' to use as a fermentation cabinet. Nice find!!!!!!!! :D

$50 at the recycle on base. Not a bad deal at all. Got it home, which was a pita, and everything worked fine. just a little work cleaning it up.

$50 at the recycle on base. Not a bad deal at all. Got it home, which was a pita, and everything worked fine. just a little work cleaning it up.

They got anymore of those hanging around at the Whidbey Is recycle center? They always had a good recycling program, but I didn't know they had stuff like that. BTW, YOU SUCK!!!:D

thats it. i go every couple of weeks to see whats new. i guess they were upgrading the refrigerators at the galley. so i've got $100 in for the chest freezer (21 footer) standard refrig for $30 worth of gas and the big stainless for $50. the swmbo keeps asking why i need 3 refrigerators.

my neighbour has one sitting in his garage not plugged in. i'm sure i could find another reason for another one. i think i need a bigger house.

Keep your eyes out!

I picked up a 3 door reach in Hobart cooler for work (a bakery), for 250 bucks!

There are deals out there!

Keep your eyes out!

I picked up a 3 door reach in Hobart cooler for work (a bakery), for 250 bucks!

There are deals out there!

Good deal, Hobart is the best food equipment you can buy... Not to mention you can also buy replacement parts. PM me if you need any parts, I might be able to hook you up.

I know this becaus I work for hobart. They are much more expensive at the start, and if you need parts, but will last for ages.

Good deal, Hobart is the best food equipment you can buy... Not to mention you can also buy replacement parts. PM me if you need any parts, I might be able to hook you up.

I know this becaus I work for hobart. They are much more expensive at the start, and if you need parts, but will last for ages.

My Dad owns a hobart agency. So far he's only hooked me up with a scale. I never thought about asking about fridges. Hobart doesn't make the fridges though, do they? I thought they bought a company that makes fridges and now they just service them.

My Kenmore is swinging over 60 lbs, probably closer to 70 lbs, without complaint.

OpenLid.jpg

Jester-
A few quick questions on your sweet keezer build :mug::

what size and make is it?
Is the back completely open, and does that open back let the compressor vent hot air well enough to keep the wood from getting hot?

Thanks!

Jester- what size and make is it?
Is the back completely open, and does that open back let the compressor vent hot air well enough to keep the wood from getting hot?

All the answers you seek, plus many more, are in The 'Keezer' Project thread. Model is a Kenmore 13, according to post #19.

He shows much more detail about the coffin, the ventilation fan, and how to keep the freezer cool later on in the thread. CAD drawings and everything. :)

I had to pick this up when I saw it on craigslist for $500. Hello to all you homebrewers, first post here. I have Anchor Porter and Flying Dog In heat Wheat on tap today as the other beers are chillin in the old kegerator, fermenting away (its hot here in TX).
I have added a plastic creamer faucet for the porter and a guinness faucet but I'll wait to get the nitro mix when my choco stout is closer to being ready. I'd like some better faucets but these work alright if you put those plugs on the ends, which I have to because it sits on the back porch. I made the tap handle from scrap motorcycle parts. Since these pics I also insulated the outside of the towers using some car windshield shade that's silver with foam inside. It cut down on the sweating big time. I need to check the R12 charge on the compressor as it works all day trying to keep the temps down. I may also do some interior insulation, since I have the room. New 7' 3/16 lines got this thing going nicely. The door seals and hinges are kinda screwed up but if anyone has suggestions I'm listening. Sorry for the grainy iphone pics.

IMG_0329.JPG

IMG_0331.JPG

IMG_0334.JPG

IMG_1721_Small_.jpg

Right now there is an Oktoberfest on tap in the Black Keg. Gotta have a magnetic bottle opener handy as well. In the future, I'll have glasses and a place for caps in there, since this will double as my bar fridge for awhile.

Having different colored tops means no messy tape on the kegs. The freezer can also fit thirteen bottles (six in a carrier, though you can't pull it out full due to the CO2 lines) and 8 loose bottles.

Close up of the stored bottles:
IMG_1722_Small_.jpg

Notice how the "R" on the regulator dial matches up with the "R" on the gas disconnect. I bet I could fit another bottle next to the Boulevard bottle in the lower right. There are four bottles under the 6-pack, and I could probably squeeze a 5th bottle down there if I needed to.

Close up of regulator:
IMG_1723_Small_.jpg

The ziplock container holds my yeast.

here's mine constructed tonight... nothing fancy, but will be functional this weekend...

needs stickers and magnets...

dcam3472mh3.jpg

dcam3473fg8.jpg

I've posted these in another thread but since this seems the official thread, I want to be on record.

Mine is based on the Whirlpool 8.9, holds 5 cornies and the co2 bottle and regulator. Drip tray is supposed to be delivered tomorrow.

keezer.jpg

keezer1.jpg

Oh yeah, on the right side of that wall is my bar fridge for bottled beer. Yeah, there's some pop and water there too at SWMBO's request, but I'd never touch it. That stuff'll kill you.

fridge.jpg

I finally get to post in this thread:ban:

Typical Magic Chef 7.2cf. It's expandable to 6 taps, but I've built 4 in for now. I'm not sure I can keep even 4 in business by myself yet.

IMG_3127.JPG

Back