Syracuse, ny - round 6 group grain buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weston - I think you ok to make the changes. I think Copyright didn't want to move to a full bag without his split being filled so the other person wasn't left high and dry trying ot fill it.

FYI everyone, just received another amazon payment: Only 486.24

Weston - I think you ok to make the changes. I think Copyright didn't want to move to a full bag without his split being filled so the other person wasn't left high and dry trying ot fill it.

FYI everyone, just received another amazon payment: Only 673.55

Just went ahead and paid in full through Amazon. Accidentally mis-entered the amount on the first payment, so I sent a second to cover last $5.

Thanks for doing this!

-Weston

Just went ahead and paid in full through Amazon. Accidentally mis-entered the amount on the first payment, so I sent a second to cover last $5.

Thanks for doing this!

-Weston

FYI everyone, just received another amazon payment: Only $219.78 of payment space left.

westo - am i missing something? I have you down for 266.46 in payments but show you as 261.46 for what you owe (estimate). Either way we can resolve it with the final costing.

I updated the prepayment tally (please reference it on post #2)

Thanks guys!

Added a split of GW-VIEN if anyone is interested. If it fills, cool. If not, I think I've got enough others to last me for a while.

-Weston

Also - can I get a roll call of Buffalo area brewers? I may be able to make the pick up and haul it back depending on delivery date.

Change made.......

-Weston

Looks good.

All set, I no longer have the split and have the full bag.

Added a split of GW-VIEN if anyone is interested. If it fills, cool. If not, I think I've got enough others to last me for a while.

-Weston

Weston, if you want to take my 1/3 sack of BZ-VIEN (Split 33), you are welcome to it. I'm concerned about the number of containers I will have to bring (from Albany). If you take my portion of that split, it lowers my container count by one. I already have Vienna at home (about 1/2 sack), and would either hold off (assuming we get our overall bag count) or add a full sack (if needed to push us over the top).

As an aside, if you like IPA's, my next batch is Troeg's Nugget Nectar which uses Vienna. :)

Edit: Troeg's link: http://www.troegs.com/our_brews/nugget_nectar.aspx

FYI everyone, just received another amazon payment: Only $219.78 of payment space left.

westo - am i missing something? I have you down for 266.46 in payments but show you as 261.46 for what you owe (estimate). Either way we can resolve it with the final costing.

I updated the prepayment tally (please reference it on post #2)

Thanks guys!

Cidah,

Send me your email and I will Amazon you the remaining $16.46 for my last grain additions....or an even $20 to call it good. On another note I got my enclosure today and now looking to see how I am going to lay it all out. Have to run out to Radio Shack/Home Depot to get some parts and pieces....ready to begin wiring!!! Yeah baby!!! Thanks.

Weston, if you want to take my 1/3 sack of BZ-VIEN (Split 33), you are welcome to it. I'm concerned about the number of containers I will have to bring (from Albany). If you take my portion of that split, it lowers my container count by one. I already have Vienna at home (about 1/2 sack), and would either hold off (assuming we get our overall bag count) or add a full sack (if needed to push us over the top).

As an aside, if you like IPA's, my next batch is Troeg's Nugget Nectar which uses Vienna. :)

I've always wanted to try a Nugget Nectar clone. Do you have a recipe your following?

Hey all!

I just added request for 2 sacks: CM-2ROW and BZ-PILS.

I appreciate the effort of the organizers. Thank you!

Hey all!

I just added request for 2 sacks: CM-2ROW and BZ-PILS.

I appreciate the effort of the organizers. Thank you!

good to have you along - if you are feeling froggy please feel free to add more bags (your request made it). We have room up to 168 bags.

I know of one more person in the midst of ordering (should happen today). So get orders in TODAY

I've always wanted to try a Nugget Nectar clone. Do you have a recipe your following?

Not exactly. I just had a request from someone to make it and had done some very preliminary research where I discovered they use Vienna. Here's some current discussion: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/trogner-bros-talk-nugget-nectar-bn-257110/

Here's the Brew Network show (haven't listened to it yet): http://thebrewingnetwork.com/shows/764

Here's some discussion on a BYO version which had errors and someone from BYO posted corrections: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/oct-2011-byo-nugget-nectar-clone-og-doesnt-add-up-273597/

Given the 80% Vienna quote is dramatically different than the original article or the BYO article, it doesn't appear anyone has a true clone yet. But, I figure that if not exact, using the hop schedule but upping the Vienna % will result in a great tasting brew? I have a bit of time to think this one out as I have the SN Celebration in the keg (working on that at a pretty quick pace) and 5 gallons of Bell's Two Hearted in a primary, so I might defer this one or two brew sessions. On the other hand, it is due out (it is seasonal and they usually release about this time of year), and I would like to have my beer in hand to compare it to.

159 bags!

I'll be locking the sheet from editing when Cidah gives me the word, so get your last bags in asap. Any changes after that will have to be done by myself.

I guess that works - switch made.

Thanks!

Just added 1 more TF-GPRM and 1 CM-WHET if its still OK

Yep, thats fine. We can go up to about 168 items but do note that if we go over the limit of 4 pallets due to odd shapes of chemicals and flaked products the last items added onto the buy are the first ones to be removed. We are probably safe up to at least 164-166 items.

I have one more guy working on adding in (hoptopia). Once we hear from him we will be able to close it.

My thought is, pending he is able to enter his order tonight... we will close it up tonight and I will put the order together and get it to the buyer tomorrow.

ENTER BAGS NOW OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE! ORDER WILL TENTATIVELY CLOSE TOMORROW AT 9a.m.

Yep, thats fine. We can go up to about 168 items but do note that if we go over the limit of 4 pallets due to odd shapes of chemicals and flaked products the last items added onto the buy are the first ones to be removed. We are probably safe up to at least 164-166 items.

That is my thought as well. Worst case you might add a bag that has to get taken off.

Jeff, maybe keep track of every bag (who placed the order, and in what order) after we hit 160 bags. They will call me after I submit the order if we have any problems or substitutions that need to be made.

A proposal to Jeff and Cidah:

I would like to make sure that the special splits for Jeff and TwoGunz get supplied. If they get filled by donations, great. If not, I would be willing to buy (for myself) the remainder of the 2row split. I would take my portion, Jeff and TwoGunz would get the rest. That way, we ensure those bags get filled and included in the order. I'm not sure how to accomplish this with the spreadsheet....

Also, I think you should hold the close until tomorrow morning to allow anyone out there who didn't happen to see today's post yet a full overnight to see them and get their last requests in.... (I'm still trying to decide about that sack of Vienna.)

Edit: As an example, as of this moment the spreadsheet shows .8 for Jeff (split 32) and .4 for TwoGunz (split 35). So, that's 1.2 sacks, and I would take the last .8 sack to complete those splits. (Again, assuming no one else does a contribution.)

A proposal to Jeff and Cidah:

I would like to make sure that the special splits for Jeff and TwoGunz get supplied. If they get filled by donations, great. If not, I would be willing to buy (for myself) the remainder of the 2row split. I would take my portion, Jeff and TwoGunz would get the rest. That way, we ensure those bags get filled and included in the order. I'm not sure how to accomplish this with the spreadsheet....

Also, I think you should hold the close until tomorrow morning to allow anyone out there who didn't happen to see today's post yet a full overnight to see them and get their last requests in.... (I'm still trying to decide about that sack of Vienna.)

Edit: As an example, as of this moment the spreadsheet shows .8 for Jeff (split 32) and .4 for TwoGunz (split 35). So, that's 1.2 sacks, and I would take the last .8 sack to complete those splits. (Again, assuming no one else does a contribution.)

a couple notes - the special splits do not add to bag total; they add to help pay for the persons current grain. The special sack splits have no ceiling i.e. you can keep adding to those splits as your generosity lends itself. i.e. if jeff gets 1.6 bags, we will credit the dollar equivalent of 1.6 bags of 2ROW to his order (and the people who put in on the split will be charged that amount). Make sense?

In essence you are making a donation in bag split form to help "buy" the organizers 1 or more bags of 2row (or donating to their order).

So if you go in .1 split you will pay ~ $3.5 ($35/10 = $3.5) towards a bag or multiple bags of that person's "thanks for the effort" grain in their order.

regarding the order closing why don't we say 9am tomorrow Jeff will lock it up? I guess I thought closing it had midnight had a certain s*x appeal :D But truthfully I will be in bed!

a couple notes - the special splits do not add to bag total; they add to help pay for the persons current grain. The special sack splits have no ceiling i.e. you can keep adding to those splits as your generosity lends itself. i.e. if jeff gets 1.6 bags, we will credit the dollar equivalent of 1.6 bags of 2ROW to his order (and the people who put in on the split will be charged that amount). Make sense?

In essence you are making a donation in bag split form to help "buy" the organizers 1 or more bags of 2row (or donating to their order).

So if you go in .1 split you will pay ~ $3.5 ($35/10 = $3.5) towards a bag or multiple bags of that person's "thanks for the effort" grain in their order.

regarding the order closing why don't we say 9am tomorrow Jeff will lock it up? I guess I thought closing it had midnight had a certain s*x appeal :D But truthfully I will be in bed!

9 am works for me! And yes the donation splits aren't actual bags but donations towards our bags buy moving effectively adding the cost to your tab and removing it from ours.

After I lock the sheet tomorrow, I will also remove open splits from the sheet as well to get final estimates.

90.21 (received) - Drocu
108.66 (received) - rustbucket
20 (received) (woargany)

Sorry guys was a busy day today.

CidahMastah said:
Drocu - 90.21
Zeno - that 20$ amazon is yours right?

Received a payment for 208 and change - not sure from which handle

No man, I just sent a personal check (which you received and cashed). Good luck finding the owner! :p

No man, I just sent a personal check (which you received and cashed). Good luck finding the owner! :p

losing my gourd. :D The tough part about getting PM's and posts about payments all day!

trying to decide if I should grab one more bag of base malt... the price on this grain is going to be great....

CidahMastah said:
trying to decide if I should grab one more bag of base malt... the price on this grain is going to be great....

do it! You haven't even spent $500 yet!

do it! You haven't even spent $500 yet!

Haha - the devil on my shoulder! :D

90.21 (received) - Drocu
108.66 (received) - rustbucket
20 (received) (waorgany)

FYI everyone, just received another amazon payment: Only 466.24

CidahMastah said:
Drocu - 90.21
Zeno - that 20$ amazon is yours right?

Received a payment for 208 and change - not sure from which handle