Live webcast of our brew session tomorrow

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cape Brewing

DOH!!! Stupid brewing...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
If anyone was unlucky enough to wander into the "brewfest so big you can see if from space" manifesto of 4.9 million posts of dribble... they'll know that the idea of live webstreaming our session came up.

We're going to go ahead and do it..

We're brewing 60 gallons of Russian River's Consecration tomorrow (Sat. 10th) from 9:00AM Eastern until... ?? I dunno... 2:00?

We'll be at Livestream - Cape Brewing

The extra nice thing is the webcast will have a chat along with it so if anyone tunes in, they can make fun of Paul... which is nice.

I may have to stop in and make fun of this Paul character. He sounds like an ass who needs to be taken down a peg or two.

I plan on showing up around noonish. Maybe one. Two on the absolute outside. Unless I oversleep. Than I might be late. But I don't think so.

Of course, Ben is supposed to be showing up with the strippers in an hour or so... Lets see, it's almost 11 now. Figure an hour till Ben and the girls get here, than another hour for 'drinks' and 'conversation,' before getting down to business. I maybe 3:00 is a little more realistic.

PTN

CB: you are about as useless as I am. I made all these plans over the last few weekends to do things on Friday the 11th and Saturday the 12th of July. Turns out I find out that Saturday is the 11th and that I had already planned on doing three other things. Now you try to do me one up by saying that you are brewing on Saturday the 10th and I think to myself...self, he is ****ing with you. You sir, need to look at a freaking calender because the casualties of this war can not be repaid like WW2 and all those Nazis try to.

*Notice...my nightly beer intake has surpassed its limits and I am currently running at a level close to how they say that Lincolns and Beamers like to "cruise" at 90mph. That said, you are still ****ing with me and you need to correct your calendarial skills. Calendarial isn't a word, but it should be.

You know I'm a big fan of home brewing, but I gotta say in this instance....

Screw the brewing session, how about simulcasting the strippers. I've got some $1's around here somewhere.

I plan on showing up around noonish. Maybe one. Two on the absolute outside. Unless I oversleep. Than I might be late. But I don't think so.

Of course, Ben is supposed to be showing up with the strippers in an hour or so... Lets see, it's almost 11 now. Figure an hour till Ben and the girls get here, than another hour for 'drinks' and 'conversation,' before getting down to business. I maybe 3:00 is a little more realistic.

PTN

PTN: How do you ever find time to make your wine? I will tune in around 9:30 to see what's up. Good Luck.

Salute! :mug:

Mashing in a BIG BLACK IPA directly

Its big and its black

Once I get the kids cooled and the wort dressed................... strike that when I get the kids dressed and the wort cooled I'll head that way.

Hey Barry, imagine finding you in this little shop of horrors. Did I direct you over here? Welcome, however you got here.
Unfortunately the strippers Ben brought were ugly as Babalu so i I just closed the door on their faces and went to bed. Like magic my eyes opened wide up a 6:30 so I guess I might be there on time. I do need a haircut though and Saturday morning is always a busy time, we'll see.

Christ, aint you up yet?

You should have bagels and lox with thinly sliced red onion ready to go.......................

BIG BLACK IPA sitting at 151 degrees

I'm liking this for a label

BROTHER DARKNESS IPA
cmurph.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6Yplww55ao]YouTube - Charlie Murphy's true Hollywood stories. Rick James Pt 1[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7fOAiTcDYk]YouTube - Charlie Murphy's true Hollywood stories. Rick James. Pt 2[/ame]

As unbelievable as it may be, there were DOZENS of folks watching our disfunctional-palooza brewfest today. Who would believe that there are that many people berift of any other sort of social interaction and companionship that they would spend a beutiful Saturday in July sitting in their mothers basement, watching folks they don't even know brew beer? You guys do know that you can pop on down to the Walmart and pick yourself up a life, right? They go on sale every once in a while and you might be able to get one at a pretty good price, especially if you have a coupon.

And as sad as it was to realize that there were 15-20 bogger pickers sitting in front of the computer shining the monkey watching us brew a ginormous batch of beer, it was worse turning around and seeing Cape Brewing on his knees in front of the computer talking to his 'special internet friends.' It was truely sad how he would put his fingers in front of the camera like he was making rabbit ears on the projector screen and shove his finger up my nose or something. Ya Brian, that's funny. Really! Hey, go get your 2 year old and bring him over, I bet he'll think it's a riot.

I bet Brian is passed out right now. He wasn't too coherent there towards the end. Did all the wort get to where it was supposed to be? Surely someone was sober enough to oversee the process.

Cape was definately mostly out by the end of it. I couldn't believe he had the where withall to take me and someone else on a tour of his basement bar and fermenting areas. Dude must sell crack or his ass cause that is one sweet setup he has there. As Yoda would say, "Jealous I am, hrmm."

That said, I did like the fact that they pulled off a two o'clock finish. Sadly it was two PST and not EST. Mrs. Cape was not too happy there.

To finish it off because I have to go take care of a BBQ, is that I am amazed that after all of the back and forth it was pulled off and that the beer that I sent arrived right at the nick of time. I also was there to watch them open that beauty and proceed to take it like it was the last 20oz of budweiser or some Cuervo. Or we could even go into the Ron Jeremy thinking and say taking it like ...no, can't go there. Either way, the beer was there and they drank it. That is all that maters.

Matt, you da man! Timing is everything and your timing was extrordinary. You are SO right about those *****es slamming the Consecration like freshmen during rush week. "Uh guys, I just dropped a hundred bucks to get that beer sent here, do you mind not shotgunning it?"

Fortunatley, I only had two beers and a glass of the merlot all day so I was sober. Sure would have liked a sip of the Consecration, but that's ok. I gots me a source.

PTN

Cape was mostly out of it your azz... that's crap... I just got back from a cookout where many Ommegangs were poured and things are still right as rain. 'Bout to take some OG readings...

BRB

Fermenter # 1... 1089 at 82 degrees
Fermenter # 2... 1083 at 79 degrees

and they are both almost dead on exactly at 28 gallons each... that is before pitching.

B,
we're going to need to make up another 5 gallon batch this week. 2 X 28 = 56 Add in your 4 gallon starter and we have 60 gallons to go into a 59 gallon barrel. Figure 2 +/- gallons of sludge/yeast per fermentor and we'll be short going into the barrel.

No wait, we have to add the currents. That will take up volume. I might just make a 5 gallon batch anyways, we are going to want to have top up beer. We DON'T want to allow the aecetobacter to get a foothold in this.

Oh I'm sorry, I used technical brewing talk and I promised you I would stick to 1-2 syllable words when talking about brewing with you in the future. How's this... Brian, da bad buggies like to breathe. We don't want to give 'em any air. If we keep da barrel filled up like an egg dose nasty buggies can't do da Mambo. Da nasty buggie Mambo is BAD!!! Suffocate da bad buggies!!! Da good buggie Mambo is good. Good buggie don't breathe. Got it? If you got any questions, step away from the fermentors and call me.

Don"t F'ing touch ANYTHING unless I tell you it's OK!!!!!! God damn, I went damn near crazy with the Utopia in Yeagers basement. This one might just kill me. On the positive front, what's the worst you could do, turn the beer sour?

I mentioned to Courtney that we could come over tomorrow and help clean up and she went into clear and obvious spincter lock. Just something to think about... Me and Babalu doing a 'Naked Interperative Brewers Dance' on your front lawn should fill you with a bone chilling dread, a horror that rocks you to the foundation of your soul. Actually, the idea of me and Babalu naked in the same ZIP code should send every decent citizen of the republic rushing off to the local gunsmith to stock up on ammunition. Word to your mother.

PTN

I mentioned to Courtney that we could come over tomorrow and help clean up and she went into clear and obvious spincter lock. Just something to think about, me and Babalu doing a naked interperative brewers dance on your front lawn should fill you with a bone chilling dread, a horror that rocks you to the foundation of your soul. Actually, the idea of me and Babalu naked in the same ZIP code should send every decent citizen of the republic rushing off to the local gunsmith to stock up on ammunition. Word to your mother.

PTN

I just threw up in my mouth

Latest posts

Back