What You Wear While Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yellowirenut

Reaction score
In looking around the you tubes this afternoon I noticed something about a few home brewers. shorts and no shoes.:confused:

Maybe its because Ive been cut, burned and broken wile at work but when I brew its shoes, cotton jeans and my FR shirts when using the ol turkey fryer burner. Heavy leather gloves wile handling the glass carboys.

Anyone else "suit up" to brew or am I in the minority?

Shorts, bowling shirt, hiking boots. I have a brew stand so I don't have to lift anything hot. I push the carboys across the floor on a hand-truck or crawler.

I wear my new shirt my wife got for my birthday.

beer_jolly_roger.jpg

Shorts, sweatshirt or T-shirt, depending on the time of year, and shoes that are easy to slip on and kick off. I always have a water spill, or in the case of today, snow melt, and I don't like tracking through the house.

Same thing I wear everyday - jeans, t shirt, waterproof tac boots. Might throw on my old carhart if it's cold out. Have to have the camo ball cap too.

Always shorts and flip-flops. Could be 90's or 30's, always shorts and flip-flops. :rockin:

Holey overalls and birks for me, but that's just cause I need a new pair of flip-flops. keens, with the toe-guard for drunken stumbling and hiking.

Nothin special ....whatever I have on that day.
...hoodie and jeans in the winter, t-shirt, shorts n flip-flops in the summer .

...never been tempted to wear a thong to brew :p

I brew in the nude like everyone else :)

Actually I usually just wear whatever I happen to have on, nothing special

Same thing I wear everyday - jeans, t shirt, waterproof tac boots. Might throw on my old carhart if it's cold out. Have to have the camo ball cap too.

Does it say "Mossberg" on your hat? I used to live in Bloomington, and those were the only camo hats I ever saw. Lol

I have a pair of cheep blue carhartt khakis I got from when I was in a college movie. That and any shirt I have on and more if it's cold. I always wear footwear, but never flip flops. I Never, ever flip flops. They are the worse kind of footwear created. I feel so unsafe in them, in any situation, it's not even funny.

Jeans and t-shirt added a flannel shirt today cuz it was 30 deg in the garage. Always shoes, don't own flip flops ( thongs when I was a kid)

Same here, nothing at all, no shoes either. Gets too hot for clothes.

OK all you guys and girls brewing in the raw what about hairnets and how do you cut holes for your legs in them

Jeans, t-shirt or sweatshirt, and waterproof steel toe redwing boots. Scalded my foot pretty bad once when a ball valve was left open by mistake. Won't be doing that again.

Over the years of working in factories, fabrication shops, and machine shops I have learned that most people tinkering in the garage are a fraction of a second from life altering serious injury. OSHA may be a pain in the hind quarters to businesses but quite frankly they get a lot of things right.

I know that I should wear long pants, and shoes, but I just can't seem to do that.

When I burnt myself, I burnt myself on the chest, so nothing I could have worn would have protected me from that anyway. I have a scar on my left boob from scalding hot water shooting out at my chest.

I stripped quickly, and jumped into an icy shower right way, but still blistered.

I otherwise am barefoot and in shorts, or maybe still in PJs if it's early!

I know that I should wear long pants, and shoes, but I just can't seem to do that.

When I burnt myself, I burnt myself on the chest, so nothing I could have worn would have protected me from that anyway. I have a scar on my left boob from scalding hot water shooting out at my chest.

I stripped quickly, and jumped into an icy shower right way, but still blistered.

I otherwise am barefoot and in shorts, or maybe still in PJs if it's early!

No latex dominatrix outfit? Or packers jersey? Those aren't pictures of you?

Whatever I put on that day. The only constant is a pint of beer (homebrew if at all possible) and my never trust a skinny brewer cap.

I tend to brew more often at club gatherings than I do at home... so I'm usually dressed to travel. Jeans or overalls (shorts in the summer), tennis shoes, and a t-shirt.

I keep a pair of Ove Gloves in my back pocket at all times on brew day. Never know when someone is going to need a hand moving something heavy and very hot. They do alright for insulating againts hot kettle/lid handles - but they're useless if you splash boiling liquid on your hands. Seeps right through and then sits against your skin until you can get them off.

Now that you mention it... perhaps it would be smart to invest in some decent waterproof insulated gloves one of these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeans t-shirt and tennis shoes and a hoodie if its at night and chilly. But I do have/use a pair of long silicone oven mits I use for BBQing to move the brew kettle around.

Never really thought about "dressing for the occasion" when brewing. The Sudsypaul outfit might come in handy however if I keep getting interrupted. Think that should make for a very quiet brew day (after the initial sounds of people running and screaming of course)

I want to get me some white rubber boots like the aligator wranglers use in Swamp People those would be so cool!!!

A pair of shorts and a sleeveless t-shirt, barefoot. I cannot wear shoes, so if it is really cold I might wear slippers. This is pretty much the only thing I ever wear, although I do wear rubber river sandals if I leave the house.

Latest posts

Back