campden tablets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colorowdy

Reaction score
How long do they take to work? I know they displace chlorine and chloramines. Just kind of curious my hot tap water in the kitchen comesw out at 160 degrees.

I've been using them since I started brewing. Crush one with a glass, half goes in my mash water just before I start heating and half goes in the sparge water just before turning on the burner. Don't know what my brews would taste like without them, but none of the judges ever commented on my water so that's good enough for me.

I always use cold tap water for drinking, cooking and brewing. Heard a long time ago that metals and weird flavors can come from a hot water tank.

I cut one pill in half and put both pieces in a separate Ziploc bag. I crush both halves with a spoon and pour them into separate kettles. I pour water on top and let them sit uncovered overnight. Brew in the morning.

Latest posts

Back