faucet shank with or without nipple/tailpiece

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kapbrew13

Reaction score
Getting ready to build a keezer and purchasing all the parts.
I have a question on the shanks which dont require a separate tail piece. Should I get theses or buy individual tail piece, washer, and nut?
Thanks.

I'm looking at the same thing and from what I've found, it's pretty much up to you. I'm not sure the integrated ones come in all stainless, though, and that's a deal-breaker for me. I want everything in my system that touches beer to be stainless. It may be overkill but whatever.

I have both and the only difference is I had to buy more parts (new nut after drunk friend striped it, and new washers) for the one with the nut. I figure if the barb on the welded one breaks I can add a nut later.

BrewingReverend said:
I have both and the only difference is I had to buy more parts (new nut after drunk friend striped it, and new washers) for the one with the nut. I figure if the barb on the welded one breaks I can add a nut later.

If I can add a new tail piece later, that would be great!!

Back