Reading/Lancaster/Allentown area grain buy- round 5

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The money went into my account this evening, so I will be placing our order tomorrow. There should be no reason the delivery wouldn't be this Friday, but I won't know for sure until I talk to them. I will keep everyone updated as things progress. As for the hop buy, I think we should have a new thread. however, I don't want to start one just yet. If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions about it, please PM me.
tom

Got a reply from NCM saying that their facility is completely booked for shipping tomorrow, so our grains won't go out until Friday giving us a Monday delivery, Tuesday at latest. Still haven't officially placed the order yet though.
Tom

How does that work with your schedule?

I can wait until Friday the 23rd for the grains so people wont be at your place during the weekdays.

I was thinking that you could have the drop off at a farmers market like Zerns next time. They should have a loading dock. You would have to pay for a stand for a night but it would be cheaper then the shipping fees.

I can wait for a late week delivery if needed. Don't know how I would pick up on a Monday or Tuesday. Any Lancaster brewers out there who could help me out? I pay in beer!!!

It should be okay with my schedule. I will have to have a cut off time for pickups and we'll have to be moderately quiet due to my wife sleeping for work, but it's nothing that hasn't happened in the past. I am all but completely out of base grains at the moment, so the sooner the better for me.
Tom

Well things looked promising yesterday morning that the purchase was going to take place, then I never heard back from them. I have no idea where we stand as of now. Not sure if they are getting our order together and will request payment today or what. I will let you all know what happens.
tom

You say the word Tom and we will pile into a soccer mom mobile with our baseball bats and the R/L/A Brew Crew will teach those thick headed people at CMG what is up. We might have to hit every brewery on the way but that will just be fuel for the fire.

Monday evening/Tuesday would would work out for me. I work until 7p on Mon but off on Tuesday.

Any updates on delivery/pick up? Just need notice so I can juggle my schedule.

Thanks Tom for your work on this.

Anyone participating from warington/doyelstown? If your order is not to big - I could pick yours up if that's allowed...

Coohang, that is allowed and appreciated by most, just let me know ahead of time. Also, if anyone can carpool together, that would be cool too. Sorry for the late update. Been a bit busy with this gorgeous weather! NCM finally did get back to me yesterday. The order still has not been offically placed! Apparently they are still having issues with their computer system and are having problems getting our order to their warehouse. She told me "I will ship on Monday even if I have to manually write out an order and shipping paperwork to bypass the system." Atleast it seems she too is getting frustrated by the whole thing. Actually she also sent a message that they are out of BZ-DMUN in New York, so she is shipping that to me via UPS ground from the North Carolina warehouse. It does seem like all the issues I'm having with them are due to a computer system upgrade, it just sucks it has to happen to us! So if it does ship Monday as she says, it should arrive here Tuesday as long as nothing else goes wrong. I will keep you all updated as I know more.
tom

I know this is a bit off topic, but would anyone in the grain buy happen to farm yeast and have some East Coast ECY09? I'm looking at doing an abbey and would like to use this in one of the fermenters. Only hitch is I'm planning to brew it next weekend. If the grains do indeed come in on Tuesday and I could get it Tuesday or Wednesday, that should give me enough time. If you can help me out, let me know! I'd gladly pay you for it.
Tom

Only ECY01 and ECY20 here. Wild Bugs!

I do have a bunch of the Wyeast PC Bel/Can from about 3 years ago. It is Unibroues yeast. I am on my 5th wash. It does a nice belgium and that Unibroue taste is a little more subdued now.

Wyeast 3864-PC Canadian/Belgian Ale
http://www.wyeastlab.com/pc1q2009.cfm

Just got a call from A. Duie Pyle that they have a delivery for me today. When I receive it and know it's atleast a three pallet order, I will let you all know.
Tom

Should also mention even if it is the correct order, I doubt I will have any pickups tonight. Since I wasn't expecting the delivery today, my schedule is all screwed up. I will probably sort everything out and have it all ready for pickups starting tomorrow evening.
tom

Whats a good time for you Tom, on Tuesday? 6-8 pm? I can do when ever.
beerloaf

Turns out the grains did not come today. Now I'm having issues with the shipping company. He said they should come out tomorrow or Wednesday. Of course he only called to tell me this after I was off work for two hours. I will just let everyone know when they are in my possession and we will go from there. This is really getting rediculous at this point.
Tom

Tom, not sure if they let you know, but I'm going to picking up grains for Coalcracker and Poolanex, so that will be two less pickups you need to worry about...

Dm

I'm just glad you guys are patient with the whole deal! I do admit, it's getting tough to figure out and juggle my schedule at this point. I've made plans to "get the grains" several times now! Thankfully it should soon be over..
tom

Tom,

Thanx for all your effort and patience dealing with NCM and the shipping/delivery logistics.

My son and I are wide open to pick up any time W-3/21 or F-3/23 that would be OK with you.

Thanx again for your efforts!

As a reminder we are asking everyone to give Tom $3-$4 or more to help cover the cost of two missing sacks of grain from the last buy.

As a reminder we are asking everyone to give Tom $3-$4 or more to help cover the cost of two missing sacks of grain from the last buy.

Thanks for the reminder. I had totally forgotten about this. Thanks for all the hard work Tom. I'm free to come down just about anytime. I'll work my schedule around you since you're going through all this headache.

Dukeman,

I dont think so. I beleive that the shipment might come today or tomorrow. Tom wants time to sort the shipment the day it comes in and we will pick up the next day.

Dukeman is correct. The grains have arrived and are sitting in my garage. However, since they gave me No notification that they were indeed coming today, I hard to leave in the middle of a job to run home and get them. Due to that happening, I won't be shortly leave early to start sorting. I plan to sort tonight and we can do pickups tomorrow. Thursday will be out due to taking my son to dance class. Friday were having a BBQ so if you pickup then, feel free to stay and eat/drink.

Please post a pic, would love to see the treasure of grains :)

Tom, I will be up tomorrow night, let us know what time works for you.

I'd like to see a pic of the cache too.

As luck would have it, I'm taking the day off tomorrow. I'll be watching for the pick up window.

Window will be 6-8 tomorrow unless I can get out of here a little early. If that happens I will post on here. Sorry for the short time frame but since my sons in school now we have shower and bed times which I used to not have to worry about. Oh, the ups guy brought the two sacks bz-dmun as well today. I'll post some pictures when I get home. Oh, and you all owe me a good cold beer too! Had to unload half a pallet by hand do time ncm using the wrong kind of pallet!

Tom,
Is there any chance for a Saturday pick up? I can't make it out there any time before 9pm during the week. I can do a Saturday pick at whatever time works for you.

Hi all. I'm in the process of bumping up capacity and would love to get in on the next group buy whenever that happens, so keep me in mind.

If Tom can't do sat, I could bring a few sacks to my house for someone. I am around all day everyday till Monday. I may have to leave the grains in my jeep. I can't really do anything heavy right now. I live in potttown.

Back