Mead Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesnsw

Reaction score
I have a mead that I'm hoping to bottle in the next month or so. Here's my try at a label. It's an odd size because I'm printing on an unused panel of a label I use constantly at work, so I get them for free this way :)

mead1-01.png

What are your thoughts?

I'm also thinking of bottling at 2 or 3 different levels of sweetness by backsweetening. I'm trying to figure out how to convey the sweetness graphically so it can be read and interpreted easily- think the spiciness thermometer on a jar of salsa. Any ideas?

you could convey the level of sweetness by the amount of combs filled in an open faced honeycomb? Like empty combs for not sweet, half filled for medium and full filled for sweetest?

Even filling in random amounts of the comb pattern in the background of your label could work, no need for a separate comb-meter! haha

Ok- Here's an idea for the sweetness level-

mead1-dry-01.png
mead1-semisweet-01.png
mead1-sweet-01.png

It's a simple mead, so I'm fine with a simple name :)

mead1-dry-011.png
mead1-semisweet-011.png
mead1-sweet-011.png

I added the text description as well, as I'll be giving out some of these as well.

I like the progression, very simple. The cel-shaded-style bee is really catchy. I have a thing for cel-shading... :)

Ok, finally bottled these. Printed off the first round of labels- just the dry ones so far.

IMG_03571.JPG

Not completely happy (now) with the labels... not quite sticky enough. Although that means they'll come off easier when it's time to reuse, right?

Latest posts

Back