Hurricane burner and my new Single Tier

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tipsyirishman

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone, finally broke down and had a local guy weld a single tier stand for me. I am pretty pumped to say the least!!! So i am starting to mount my new hurricane burners from NB. Who else is using these in a single or multi tier? I only bought one regulator in hopes of plumbing all three burners together with gas shutoff valves. My question is do I need to use the brass valve see below or can i just get a threaded fitting and go right into the burner?
image_672.jpg

Here she is so far...
singletier.jpg

singletier-4.jpg

singletier-5.jpg

Hey everyone, finally broke down and had a local guy weld a single tier stand for me. I am pretty pumped to say the least!!! So i am starting to mount my new hurricane burners from NB. Who else is using these in a single or multi tier? I only bought one regulator in hopes of plumbing all three burners together with gas shutoff valves. My question is do I need to use the brass valve see below or can i just get a threaded fitting and go right into the burner?
image_672.jpg

Here she is so far...
singletier.jpg

singletier-4.jpg

singletier-5.jpg

Click free photos.
Looks nice. I don't know about the valve though.

The hurricane burners use such a low pressure that the ball valve you have a pic of is used to control the flow. Is your regulator adjustable? I've seen some low pressure setups like this ship with a fixed regulator and ball valve, and the ball valve is used to adjust the flow.

I think others on here have talked about using the hurricane with a low pressure adjustable regulator; I can't see why it wouldn't work.

Btw I use the hurricane on NG and have only the NG ball valve for controlling gas flow.

That valve appears to have an integrated gas orifice on the left end. The burners won't operate properly without the orifice in place, so just any old gas valve won't work.

FWIW, an adjustable pressure regulator is just that; adjustable. There's a variety of them available and the ones I have seen range from 0-10 psi, 0-20 psi, 0-30 psi and 0-60 psi. I can't tell you which would work best with your hurricane burners. I think if I were building a rig I would use individual adjustable regulators on each burner and feed them through a gas rail.

Back