What's your profession?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an Aerospace Engineering degree and am currently working as an engineering management assistant.

Cultural Anthropologist/Human Geographer - many of the social scientists and historians that I know homebrew!

Chemical engineer. BTW, building the home brewery was the first time I can actually say I really enjoyed process design. Thank jebus I do mostly R&D!

Lord of the Realm, Defender of the Faith, Architect of the Revolution (sounds less pretentious than "Director of Corporate Planning")

But seriously, just another self-taught software guy, currently doing R&D in a robotics lab. My wife's an engineer, though! (BSME from Drexel)

Alpha Geek in a Digital Signage software company, where I work on everything from PC Software, Android development, Motion Control, Voice Control, and Arduino electronic device prototyping. Converted most of the team to beer geeks over the last two years.

I currently work for a textile company as an auditor (we do blood filters for hospitals, water filtration, etc)

I am also a craft brewer in training :mug:

Women & Children's hospital admitting supervisor. Based in the pediatric er, float to several areas- labor and delivery, nursery, icu, etc.

I drive a Brown Truck...and dislike it...especially when it is -16F degrees without the windchill.

But hopefully brewpub owner in a few short months...waiting on the bank.

Coal business. Going through a company change/sale. Talk about getting bent over the barrel and no grease. F-it. Glad I have beer to take my mind off of it.

Product support engineer for tracked machines. If you have a snowmobile or big Agriculture tractor on rubber tracks, it likely has our tracks on it.

Yep, it's as boring as it sounds.

Materials Science & Engineering grad student at Clemson. I work with optical fiber. Clemson is the only school in the country that has an MCVD lathe (for making fiber preforms) and a draw tower (to draw the preforms into fiber).

Work for a water utility (getting the water to your faucet), the education in water quality is coming in handy now.

I am an electrician by trade but recently made a career change into EMS. I currently work as an emergency dept. tech, and volunteer firefighter. Hoping to get my big break into the fire service soon. :rockin:

Back