You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah,I wasn't sure which way that 2nd last line was going. Kinda like telling me I'm doing the same thing to them. I wanted to clarify just the same that I'm passing on my own knowledge learned over time. Not trying to step on toes,but let's be clearer,shall we?

Yeah,I wasn't sure which way that 2nd last line was going. Kinda like telling me I'm doing the same thing to them. I wanted to clarify just the same that I'm passing on my own knowledge learned over time. Not trying to step on toes,but let's be clearer,shall we?

Pretty sure he was adding his own comment in juxtaposition to yours to point out the irony that he was able to do the very thing you called others out for doing. But sure, clearer is better; no one wants to be labeled a poser.

EDIT: You know you're a home brewer when you interpret the intent of other brewers comments on homebrewing forums, trying to foster a better homebrew community :)

That last line pretty much covers it. When you're trying to help the community & get flamed by others likely less knowledgable for posing. Like being a gunslinger of some renown having every punk that thinks he can handle a gun out to test you.
A new one; When you're retired & find a new hobby to spend all the time on you used to spend working...:ban:

Nope. I relate my own experiences/things learned to them,& others agree with me because it worked for them too. That's what I spend the majority of my time doing. No way in hell am I some 2 bit poser. It's easy most of the time to spot parroting. Don't be too quick to judge a book by it's cover never having read it.

Not to jump on the wagon, but uniondr is not one to show off with how much he knows. I have seen posts and he is NOT a noob shredder. He even helped me though some of my posts by relating to experience.

Not to jump on the wagon, but uniondr is not one to show off with how much he knows. I have seen posts and he is NOT a noob shredder. He even helped me though some of my posts by relating to experience.

Totally agree. He says what works for him and is really helpful. Which is why I think the poster in question was not calling him out.

Union: I don't think you were getting flamed here. I think he was offering his response to "you know you're a homebrewer when"

Thanks RBG. I used to be able to shred at some 430 BPM on my guitars. Lil harder now. But I get your meaning. I just learn a lot from each brew that I pass on &/or use to modify a previous experience. We're never too old to learn.:mug:
@ TyT; Again,i still wonder if that response was intended to allow a little wiggle room,or his response to doing so by me or others?;/~

When you say, "I have this great idea..." and before you can get any further your wife says, "Let me guess, this is about beer."

have this way too often...
SWMBO was smoking at the back door, i started mentioning the next beer i want to brew and sai dsomething along the lines of "oh! so i was reading up today" and she just looks at me... so i stop talking and say how gorgeous she looks today

When you are staring off into space and your wife says "hey, your thinking about brewing aren't you?" then shakes her head and walks away because you were and couldnt come up with a no answer quick enough

All I meant was that I've read Revvy, Union, and all the others repeat their experience on basic questions so much that I know exactly how to answer many n00b threads despite a lack of experience (I'm currently seeking to remedy that). Thanks to everyone who shares info.

When your wife is willing to go buy your grain at the LHBS because you get a promotion at work and can't make it to the shop before they close.

(For us betrothed female brewers).... you dream about ways to gently shove your hubby out of his 'man-space' in the garage by drawing up plans to build and install a kick- ass all-grain brewing station...:eek:

You spoil the worms in your vermicomposting system with nothing but the best variety of spent grains....:) nothing but the best, worms, and don't you forget it!

You spoil the worms in your vermicomposting system with nothing but the best variety of spent grains....:) nothing but the best, worms, and don't you forget it!

Nice!! My compost worms only get it post chicken usage. Nothing but the best for the chickens, and thank you chickens for the fertilizer for the hops and garden!

All I meant was that I've read Revvy, Union, and all the others repeat their experience on basic questions so much that I know exactly how to answer many n00b threads despite a lack of experience (I'm currently seeking to remedy that). Thanks to everyone who shares info.

Ah,gotcha. I for one was waiting for a clearer answer to which way that one was headed. We've seen so many posts that seem to go the other way,ya just kinda expect it,I guess.
When you're glad the cold weather is actually making your current brew ferment cleaner.

When you know the ambient temperature of every room, corner of every room, attic, basement, breezeway, garage, and every other nook and cranny in your house (because you are to cheap or lazy to actually build or buy a temperature control device)

When your out on the weekend at a bar that has over 1,200 different micro brews and you find one that is irresistible and instantly start planning how to clone it.

When you buy 6.5 gallon carboy handles for your 6 gallon carboys and the logical answer is to pick up a couple 6.5 gallon carboys when you go get the right handles.

When your looking at you're ogling your neighbor's fruit trees waiting for them to ripen for some interesting cellaring.

When you have a picture of a RIMS and a HERMS system drawn on the glass door of the brew room so u can make changes and decide which one you want to go into.

When you drive 230miles to get a 70gal SS tank so you can make two conical fermenters

If your nephew at the age of 6 can tell a friend what sparge means

Same here lol

Oh its real I seen it in person. My coworker has it on his vehicle. I tried to post a pic but sizing the picture was an issue. When I get back to work on thursday. I'll take a pic with my phone and post it. Stay tuned. You will be jealous.:tank:

When you think buying voile fabric from Joan Fabric is totally masculine. Because " it's a grain bag " you want to sew.....lol...

BIAB

when you run out of home brewed beer to drink, so you switch to the mead you made a year ago.

When you quote people from Homebrewtalk to people in real life using their screennames.

When someone asks, do you really think you need a 5th fridge/freezer. (As many of you may have this issue...kitchen fridge, outdoor beer fridge, kegerator, wine fridge, and last I want the 5th for a fermentation chamber)

Back